Xbox controller for pc, bad Bluetooth connection and ASUS drivers

RayE80

Hi 馃檪

Xbox controller for pc with wireless adapter. It is like i having a bad connection, the sound when using headset connected to the controller gives crackling noise, yesterday the controller even disconnected couple times while playing.

Things that i have tried:

Update firmware on controller

uninstall and install sound drivers

Downloadiing Bluetooth drivers and chipset drivers from ASUS homepage.

The usb and chipset driver install wont respond after i click install nothing happens.聽

Would appreciate if someone have time to help 馃檪

Used this controller/wireless adapter on my old pc with no issues.

Having ASUS b760 plus wifi d4 motherboard.

Just now, RayE80 said:

Hi 馃檪

Xbox controller for pc with wireless adapter. It is like i having a bad connection, the sound when using headset connected to the controller gives crackling noise, yesterday the controller even disconnected couple times while playing.

Things that i have tried:

Update firmware on controller

uninstall and install sound drivers

Downloadiing Bluetooth drivers and chipset drivers from ASUS homepage.

The usb and chipset driver wont respond after i click install nothing happens.聽

Would appreciate if someone have time to help 馃檪

Used this controller/wireless adapter on my old pc with no issues.

Having ASUS b760 plus wifi d4 motherboard.

are you using the antenna that came with the motherboard for the WIFI?聽

6 hours ago, Hinjima said:

are you using the antenna that came with the motherboard for the WIFI?聽

Yes 馃檪

Is it the official Microsoft wireless adapter for windows? If so, that's not even bluetooth, it's wifi direct I'm pretty sure (same as an xbox console).

If so, I'm not sure what you'd be able to do to troubleshoot. I've always heard it worked well (as you said yourself on your old PC). Interference is the only thing I can think of.

Edit: Or do you just mean a generic Bluetooth adapter, in which case I just misunderstood.

If you have other stuff connected on the 2.4 GHz wifi band it'll interfere with Bluetooth since the morons designing it put it on the 2.4 GHz band too.

6 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

Is is the official Microsoft wireless adapter for windows? If so, that's not even bluetooth, it's wifi direct I'm pretty sure (same as an xbox console).

If so, I'm not sure what you'd be able to do to troubleshoot. I've always heard it worked well (as you said yourself on your old PC). Interference is the only thing I can think of.

Edit: Or do you just mean a generic Bluetooth adapter, in which case I just misunderstood.

Yes it is the wireless adapter i got from the box when purchase the xbox controller for pc including this usb stick. So this is wifi not Bluetooth?聽

6 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you have other stuff connected on the 2.4 GHz wifi band it'll interfere with Bluetooth since the morons designing it put it on the 2.4 GHz band too.

I thought it was Bluetooth, yes most stuff in the house is connected on the 2.4ghz but pc is connected on the 5ghz. What could i do to try making it not interfere? One should think it鈥檚 the problem since it comes and goes and the crackling sound is sound of a bad connection like one is too far away or something that i have heard before on other Bluetooth devices.

3 hours ago, RayE80 said:

I thought it was Bluetooth, yes most stuff in the house is connected on the 2.4ghz but pc is connected on the 5ghz. What could i do to try making it not interfere? One should think it鈥檚 the problem since it comes and goes and the crackling sound is sound of a bad connection like one is too far away or something that i have heard before on other Bluetooth devices.

Bluetooth is always on 2.4GHz. God I hate it.聽

13 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It's honestly a bit more clever than that. Bluetooth is designed to do its job in small bursts, exactly because it was designed around the expectation that there would be other things transmitting on the same frequencies as well.

If you want to point fingers, look at your legislators. We only have a couple of very specific license free bands, so every manufacturer and their dog is using those same bands. But hey, we got endless useless radio stations, so that's good.

46 minutes ago, XNOR said:

It's honestly a bit more clever than that. Bluetooth is designed to do its job in small bursts, exactly because it was designed around the expectation that there would be other things transmitting on the same frequencies as well.

If you want to point fingers, look at your legislators. We only have a couple of very specific license free bands, so every manufacturer and their dog is using those same bands. But hey, we got endless useless radio stations, so that's good.

My stupid router from Spectrum puts out the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands under the same name and my PS5 defaults to the 2.4GHz band with no way to make it connect to the 5GHz band, so if I'm downloading a game on it my Bluetooth headphones become useless thanks the annoying stutter they get every few seconds. Same with my Switch Pro Controller if I'm wanting to play Switch while downloading on the PS5 unless I plug the Pro Controller in wired to my Switch. So neither of the two Bluetooth devices I use is even workable when downloading on the 2.4 GHz band.聽

7 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

My stupid router from Spectrum puts out the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands under the same name and my PS5 defaults to the 2.4GHz band with no way to make it connect to the 5GHz band, so if I'm downloading a game on it my Bluetooth headphones become useless thanks the annoying stutter they get every few seconds. Same with my Switch Pro Controller if I'm wanting to play Switch while downloading on the PS5 unless I plug the Pro Controller in wired to my Switch.

Not sure you're looking for solutions, but perhaps you can turn off 2.4 GHz in your router settings, use QoS, use another router, or hook the PS5 up to a wired ethernet connection.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:55 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Finally i got it fixed, i did network driver remove and reinstall and same time i connected the pc to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz. Now it works fine and if someone have same problem try change ghz on pc or uninstall the network drivers and restart the pc 馃檪