Best home theater audio set up under 1500?

Nocturn

I found some deals on HW-Q990C from Samsung. And am wondering if there is anything even remotely close to it in the same price bracket with primary focus being on finding something with better vocals. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried to look at Sonos but they are twice expensive with minimal difference.  What other audio set ups under 1500 should I look at?

1 hour ago, Nocturn said:

I found some deals on HW-Q990C from Samsung. And am wondering if there is anything even remotely close to it in the same price bracket with primary focus being on finding something with better vocals. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried to look at Sonos but they are twice expensive with minimal difference

Since 1100 is well below peak ht, it’s going to be a question of brutal efficiency.  Question #1 is there an HTPC involved in this? If so, specs will be needed (it is possible to leverage one of those to make the whole thing much less expensive if one is already involved)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have two of the older HW-T450 (soundbar + sub) and also two of the Samsung SWA-8500s (rear speaker addons)
One for my house and I got the second one for my grandpas house (he can't hear as well so the rear speakers being close help a ton)

I'm not saying it's the greatest sound quality and I'm sure Samsung has refreshed these productions with newer models. Maybe there's a better 'budget' option but honestly this setup is good enough for me. 

I've been toying with the idea of going with a Sonos setup since I have a family member with one of their soundbars and some of the single speakers as rears. It sounds fantastic but you're also looking at maybe $1500ish to start. The Samsung setup was <$600 all in on sale and was plenty fine. I had to fiddle with the presets for audio and I turned the sub way down. I think you can adjust the balance with the soundbar and rear speakers. 
I use optical/toslink from a PC and I can also pair bluetooth if needed. Nothing fancy like ARC on the one I have. 

So basically you’re just looking at video output then.   TVs beat monitors badly on price./size They do it by leveraging the fact that they don’t do all the things monitors do though.  So for example you see a lot of VA because smearing actually helps video.  There are TVs that can do the things monitors need to do but they tend to be not cheap.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So basically you’re just looking at video output then.   TVs beat monitors badly on price./size They do it by leveraging the fact that they don’t do all the things monitors do though.  So for example you see a lot of VA because smearing actually helps video.  There are TVs that can do the things monitors need to do but they tend to be not cheap.

No, I am specifically talking about the audio set up for home theatre. Already got a QN90B 85inch

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Since 1100 is well below peak ht, it’s going to be a question of brutal efficiency.  Question #1 is there an HTPC involved in this? If so, specs will be needed (it is possible to leverage one of those to make the whole thing much less expensive if one is already involved)

Sorry, again should have specified the budget is only for audio set up alone