Whaler's 4P Folders Build Log (32 Cores and 24 Cores)

im in the Fermi club, and i have a 260 folding.

If i was patient, i think i could roast hotdogs from the exhaust from my main machine.

I can probably do a whole roast :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

RESERVED

This means something awesome !!!!

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Updated with the 24 Core info and pix on the 1st page...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Dose this eat your power bill by any chance? :P nice job btw!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Dose this eat your power bill by any chance? :P nice job btw!

Umm... ya!

Umm... ya!

So now with the addition of another 4P unit can we hope to see another 4xGPU or more folding machine ??

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

So now with the addition of another 4P unit can we hope to see another 4xGPU or more folding machine ??

I am done for a bit. :) Depending on how the whole Core17 project comes about, I do have a spare system here and a few NVidia cards I could through in - but they are all older, so I might be able to pull 40 or 50K for another chunk of power. Might just let things settle in where they are for a bit.

I am done for a bit. :) Depending on how the whole Core17 project comes about, I do have a spare system here and a few NVidia cards I could through in - but they are all older, so I might be able to pull 40 or 50K for another chunk of power. Might just let things settle in where they are for a bit.

Thank christ for that lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Just a few nVidia cards lol, I can understand that

Thank christ for that lol

You just want to catch up to whaler lol

I was wondering why my lights were flickering....  :wacko:

Awesome systems, makes me want to build one.....even though I'd never utilize it.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I was wondering why my lights were flickering....  :wacko:

What lights?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What lights?

I think you need to rest that brain xD

The lights in his house ? :P

I think you need to rest that brain xD

The lights in his house ? :P

lol ohh *makes coffee* I'm better now :P

lol ohh *makes coffee* I'm better now :P

lol alright, Just keep some coffee in a thermos for when the sleepiness really sets it xD

lol alright, Just keep some coffee in a thermos for when the sleepiness really sets it xD

*writes it down*

Sleep isn't an option - I can sleep when I am dead. :)

I feel the same way. My parents don't quite agree, but oh well :P

~Judah

That'll come soon enough if you don't sleep :P

That'll come soon enough if you don't sleep :P

But some good times till then! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good god....what kind of money have you put into this whole setup in total?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Good god....what kind of money have you put into this whole setup in total?

Folding1 probably ran me about $1500.

Folding2 ran me about $500

slightly jealous here..

Watch that drool. I just had the aluminum polished :D

Folding1 probably ran me about $1500.

Folding2 ran me about $500

Hold on. So it only cost you 1.5k for that 4p rig?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Hold on. So it only cost you 1.5k for that 4p rig?

Yep, about that - ended up, most expensive part was the mobo - I got ripped off on cross border duty as well. Folks in the US could probably do a lot better on it...