Whaler's 4P Folders Build Log (32 Cores and 24 Cores)

Nope... perfectly reasonable decision IMHO. Course, I may be biased? Naw....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

When will we see another 4P System from you Whaler ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Goddamnit Whaler, I hope you run out of electricity, I might be able to catch up in about 15 years lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I am waiting for UPS to clear the second 4P unit from customs... Grrr... but it is a turnkey system - so should have everything I need. Just take some pics, some documentation, install it in the case and away I go...  I will just update this thread with addition info instead of creating a second one...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I have a quadro 4000 in my work station rig, can it fold?

You will need to install and test. I checked the GPU Whitelist and some Quadro 4000 and FX 4000 are still supported.

Goddamnit Whaler, I hope you run out of electricity, I might be able to catch up in about 15 years lol

Tell you what, I will pause one of my GPU's from Folding... for a weekend... sound fair? :D

I am waiting for UPS to clear the second 4P unit from customs... Grrr... but it is a turnkey system - so should have everything I need. Just take some pics, some documentation, install it in the case and away I go...  I will just update this thread with addition info instead of creating a second one...

you bought an already built 4p system? used I guess?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

My other one was used for the most part as well - cannot afford everythign new. The first one though, got the CPU's from one spot, heatsinks from second, board from third, ram from fourth, etc. The board and ram were new. On the [H]ard forum though, a lot of the systems sold are what we call turnkey. Basically you get it and can fold. Some may come without a PSU, easy enough to supply, or a case, cause most Folders of 4P units run them naked.

This one that is coming has everything, including the drive. Only part I am supply is the power supply, and the case I got from @Spotswood to house and stack them.

Tell you what, I will pause one of my GPU's from Folding... for a weekend... sound fair? :D

Almost :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Im getting around 95-100K PPD by a single 680 on core 17, Whaler should add a few 780's in his system to pass the 1 million ppd :D

Wow, I am getting 2224 PPD .... Then again my system's CPU's and RAM and Motherboard ALL suck lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Wow, I am getting 2224 PPD .... Then again my system's CPU's and RAM and Motherboard ALL suck lol

Hey, everything counts so good job sir!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Hey, everything counts so good job sir!

Thanks I might be continuing with just the P4 Folding because this is heating up my basement...

Thanks I might be continuing with just the P4 Folding because this is heating up my basement...

Great in the winter time I bet :P

At the end of the day, I don't think it will be the hundreds (thousands maybe) of high end systems that make the difference, but the thousands, tens of thousands if not millions of low end systems doing their part that will make the big difference.

Food for thought. :)

I heat my entire basement int he winter with my gear... Summer... well, let's not talk about that :)

I heat my entire basement int he winter with my gear... Summer... well, let's not talk about that :)

So basically lucifer himself would feel comfortable lol

Great in the winter time I bet :P

I think it would be but I haven't had this long enough to try it in the winter lol

im in the Fermi club, and i have a 260 folding.

If i was patient, i think i could roast hotdogs from the exhaust from my main machine.

~Judah

If i was patient, i think i could roast hotdogs from the exhaust from my main machine.

If I was folding with my CPU's I bet I could accomplish that as well. They give off a lot of heat.

Aren't those Tesla's?

Aren't those Tesla's?

I have a 550ti and a lower-end 400 series card (cant remember the exact model). they are both Fermi's.

Then i fold on my CPU and the 260.

~Judah

BUT BUT? İ CANT SEE A VİDEO CARD? O.o

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I have a 550ti and a lower-end 400 series card (cant remember the exact model). they are both Fermi's.

Then i fold on my CPU and the 260.

Ohh I saw the 260 and well didn't think properly :P well then welcome to the Fermi club :) , I have a little 630 that is the same temperature as the suns surface.