The most exciting hardware in YEARS. - Frore Systems at Computex 2023

James

It ain't much to look at but Frore System's Airjet cooling inventions could revolutionize PC cooling in the next few years. Here at Computex 2023, they're showing of a new version we've never seen before!

12 minutes ago, James said:

It ain't much to look at but Frore System's Airjet cooling inventions could revolutionize PC cooling in the next few years. Here at Computex 2023, they're showing of a new version we've never seen before!

Dibs

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

23-24 KHz operational range for the oscillating part is going to be really annoying to a lot of animals.

Just because humans can't hear it doesn't mean that it isn't noise pollution. So is it suitably quiet?

Also, young humans tends to be able to hear up at these frequencies, so perhaps kids will "love" the constant whine...

However. There is potential that they have already "fixed" some of the noise issues. For an example have a multi phase design, such that all nozzles don't oscillate in unison, but rather out of phase. This would inherently reduce noise since the resultant sound waves would partly cancel out. But it is still important to be considerate to other animals in our surroundings. Especially if one starts embedding these types of coolers into everything...

Might be useful for batteries to have these for active cooling, especially with fast charging.

I had a debate with someone who was NOT excited about these. 

Still trying to figure out how someone couldn't see how much potential these things have. 

Best case scenario is in 10 years these have 3x the cooling at half the cost and laptops have desktop-like performance while being fairly quiet.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

34 minutes ago, darwin006 said:

I would love to be able to retrofit these in to existing devices like my framework laptop and Steam Deck.

Steamdeck would be an easy Upgrade for it, you can make an dedicated Jet for it, putt the controller into one Case and just connect it to the Fan pin of the Steamdeck. When it improves the Steamdeck Cooling Performance, and they can produce one for less then 100USD, and putt it on iFixit, i would buy one. I guess about 10% of the Steamdeck users as well. 2022 about 1.6 Millions Decks were sold, 2023 seems to be hitting 1,8 Millions.

So about 300k Units could be sold. The Steamdeck is Modular enough for an upgraded Cooling Module.

They would need to replace the heatpipe and fan. Maybe 150 USD the kit.

It would close the gab between a steamddeck and the ROG Ally with an performance boost around 13%.

This might sound stupid, but I don't understand how this device is blowing air through it to cool the component that sits underneath it. I don't see any fans on it. How is it cooling/blowing air through the chamber?

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List

10 hours ago, darwin006 said:

I would love to be able to retrofit these in to existing devices like my framework laptop and Steam Deck.

This was my thought.  I have a laptop and a steamdeck that would love these.  Also wondering if Framework took note, as I would love to see this in one of theirs I intend to buy.

1 hour ago, rogerwilco91 said:

This might sound stupid, but I don't understand how this device is blowing air through it to cool the component that sits underneath it. I don't see any fans on it. How is it cooling/blowing air through the chamber?

There are no fans, there is tiny vibrating bi layer something that moves air like and old fashond hand fan.

71bGTos4gML.jpg

10 hours ago, cmndr said:

I had a debate with someone who was NOT excited about these. 

Still trying to figure out how someone couldn't see how much potential these things have. 

Best case scenario is in 10 years these have 3x the cooling at half the cost and laptops have desktop-like performance while being fairly quiet.

And don't forget the lower power draw too!

2 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

And don't forget the lower power draw too!

They argued that these used electricity while ignoring the fan's power draw. 

These would probably be a wash on power draw though, since the CPU/GPU would end up running faster. 

This might not matter a ton if we get any big advances in power efficiency (I'm cautiously optimistic for solid state batteries). 

10 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

There are no fans, there is tiny vibrating bi layer something that moves air like and old fashond hand fan.

Now that someone said it aloud, yeah i agreed with this comparison. Asian Classics never dies!

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

15 minutes ago, cmndr said:

They argued that these used electricity while ignoring the fan's power draw. 

These would probably be a wash on power draw though, since the CPU/GPU would end up running faster. 

This might not matter a ton if we get any big advances in power efficiency (I'm cautiously optimistic for solid state batteries). 

Phun, as in its never fun to argue with those that believe the earth is flat.

I just heard the 1 watt for 5 watt of cooling, and noctua with no RGB can't beat that at that CFM.  Add RGB to your fan, and well its no comparison.

P.S. I got these for a build by mistake years ago, and yes they have a high CFM, and yes they are black....but they are also very noisy and my full tower case with 6 of them felt like it was putting out as much air as mid-sized drone.

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm

1 minute ago, DarkWaterSong said:

I just heard the 1 watt for 5 watt of cooling, and noctua with no RGB can't beat that at that CFM.  Add RGB to your fan, and well its no comparison.

and something like 1.7W for 10W of cooling for the larger variant. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years it lands at ~2W for 30W of cooling after a few product development cycles. Which is competitive with a fan. 

It's not 0W though. And if your CPU previously was stuck running at 15W and now hits 30W... that's an extra 15W. 

2 minutes ago, cmndr said:

and something like 1.7W for 10W of cooling for the larger variant. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years it lands at ~2W for 30W of cooling after a few product development cycles. Which is competitive with a fan. 

It's not 0W though. And if your CPU previously was stuck running at 15W and now hits 30W... that's an extra 15W. 

Just most of the noctua fans I use to cool my min-itx case are at least 5 watt, and if I am full load closer to 7 watt and I have 6 of them.  I have that many because of the low CFM most fans...and cases not really being built for high CFM ones.  It will be wild to see what happens with laptops and these!

11 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

Just most of the noctua fans I use to cool my min-itx case are at least 5 watt, and if I am full load closer to 7 watt and I have 6 of them.  I have that many because of the low CFM most fans...and cases not really being built for high CFM ones.  It will be wild to see what happens with laptops and these!

These will mainly be used in laptops, tablets and other portables. 
If the system has space for a 120mm or 140mm fan, then it's better to just spend less and use normal fans in most cases. 
These things have the main benefit of being space efficient. Hard to imagine that there will ever be anything resembling an ROI in a desktop or workstation computer. 

8 hours ago, cmndr said:

These will mainly be used in laptops, tablets and other portables. 
If the system has space for a 120mm or 140mm fan, then it's better to just spend less and use normal fans in most cases. 
These things have the main benefit of being space efficient. Hard to imagine that there will ever be anything resembling an ROI in a desktop or workstation computer. 

I could see a boutique ultra compact min-itx case that makes use of them, but not in most desktops.

I wonder if this tech could be adapted to pump coolant in a water block with high pressure and speed in a liquid cooling system? Like a boost at the microfins while a conventional pump moved the liquid around.

• 2 weeks later...

where can i but this 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:20 PM, Bitter said:

I wonder if this tech could be adapted to pump coolant in a water block with high pressure and speed in a liquid cooling system? Like a boost at the microfins while a conventional pump moved the liquid around.

Possible the exist right now....there are a lot more efficient pumps than impeller one, but that is the cheapest pump to make so the most wide spread.  Look at the pump in the Laser liquid cooler LTT got to play with for an example.