This is most likely a scam right?

Tharoon

So I am on the hunt for an rtx 3080ti fe to replace my gtg 1080ti fe. I found some good deals on used cards, but unfortunately I waited too long and they sold. I got this notification and I found this listing on eBay.

It looks way too good to be true, for a brand new rtx 3080ti for only around $800 cad. When I look at the description as the gpu model it says rtx 3080. Plus all of his recent sales are of some furniture thing.

Should I take the chance, apparently it’s back by eBay’s money back guarantee, but this is my first time using eBay.

IMG_6745.png

yeah i'd take the chance. Worked at a business and we'd buy stuff from ebay almost every day. 25% of the time we would return the defective items with no issues. If it does turn out to be fake, you can get all your money back

Seeing as you're quoting prices in CAD, I assume you're in Canada. The seller's in Australia and it's definitely a bit fishy. If it were a local seller you could take the risk and get the money back, but I wouldn't if you're going to have to ship it from Australia to Canada and back if you need to return it.

That seller only sold erasers in the last 12 months. Total sale value for the items they sold is like $30. Also all images are very low resolution $800 is a lot to gamble imo, especially in this instance. I personally would avoid it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/134590095838

https://www.ebay.ca/fdbk/feedback_profile/cornellstrauss123?user_context=BUYER

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

26 minutes ago, Tharoon said:

So I am on the hunt for an rtx 3080ti fe to replace my gtg 1080ti fe. I found some good deals on used cards, but unfortunately I waited too long and they sold. I got this notification and I found this listing on eBay.

It looks way too good to be true, for a brand new rtx 3080ti for only around $800 cad. When I look at the description as the gpu model it says rtx 3080. Plus all of his recent sales are of some furniture thing.

Should I take the chance, apparently it’s back by eBay’s money back guarantee, but this is my first time using eBay.

IMG_6745.png

Check the description, there's normally a catch there. It also might not be actually new but I would take that chance, it should work

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

Check the description, there's normally a catch there. It also might not be actually new but I would take that chance, it should work

The description just says the card is new and they pay for return shipping, but in the actual listing, it says they don’t accept returns 

IMG_6746.png

27 minutes ago, Levent said:

That seller only sold erasers in the last 12 months. Total sale value for the items they sold is like $30. Also all images are very low resolution $800 is a lot to gamble imo, especially in this instance. I personally would avoid it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/134590095838

https://www.ebay.ca/fdbk/feedback_profile/cornellstrauss123?user_context=BUYER

this.

avoid.

Yeah no these are screengrabs of another listing.

Also the price isn't even that good a 6950xt new is basically that price and is usually the better card.

Also conflicting language so eh. Skip