Lian Li 215 fans not spinning but RGB works?

Nethy

So I'm having a bit of an issue, I can't seem to get these case fans to spin no matter what, yet RGB and front IO work.

All logic dictates there should be a cable for CHA_FAN yet I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone who has the case tell me from where the cable originates from so I can track it and triple check it's there?

image.thumb.jpeg.4ca69d6ee298c96c887c10f279f63326.jpeg

Is the fan channel enabled in BIOS? Recommend turning on all fan channels to full speed, except the CPU. Presumably that still works.

Is the 3 or 4 pin fan wire connected to the motherboard or just the RGB cables?

Fan channels are enabled, I set them all to full speed but nothing is happening.

The fan hub is connected to ADDR3_LED2 (3 pin) and that gets RGB working, there's also front IO for power/reset, USB3, and audio, which are all connected. However there is no cable connected to motherboard for fans, and I cannot find it if there is one.

There is also this one, but from looking it up it seems this is for expansion or something?

image.png.2f6b350073352991dabde91d6e26cb2c.png

Looks like that case has a fan hub on the back side of the case. From the photo it seems the front fans might already be connected to it? You have two fans connected to yours in the picture you sent (in the FAN2 and FAN3 ports). The funny thing I can see here is they are all 3 prongs, which means they are not PWM capable.

There are four wires attached as one cable at the bottom of the hub. That's what your hub is using to get a signal for the fans. However, I am looking at the manual for your case, and they clearly show these wires need to connect to a SATA cable directly from the PSU. So this hub doesn't connect directly to your motherboard at all for the fans.

Is that bottom cable connected to a sata cable from the PSU?

image.png.cc8c7223fe3b00002156d86637adfbb0.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 2.12.42 PM.png

14 minutes ago, johnt said:

Looks like that case has a fan hub on the back side of the case. From the photo it seems the front fans might already be connected to it? You have two fans connected to yours in the picture you sent (in the FAN2 and FAN3 ports). The funny thing I can see here is they are all 3 prongs, which means they are not PWM capable.

There are four wires attached as one cable at the bottom of the hub. That's what your hub is using to get a signal for the fans. However, I am looking at the manual for your case, and they clearly show these wires need to connect to a SATA cable directly from the PSU. So this hub doesn't connect directly to your motherboard at all for the fans.

Is that bottom cable connected to a sata cable from the PSU?

image.png.cc8c7223fe3b00002156d86637adfbb0.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 2.12.42 PM.png

Yes it is connected to psu's sata, the fan's RGBs light up from it but it doesnt spin. All 3 fans are connected to hub, but hub only seems to be connected to motherboard's led slot ADDR3_LED2 (o o x o). 

Worst case I'll plug fans directly into motherboard, but I dont understand why is the hub there if fans wont spin if plugged into it

23 minutes ago, Nethy said:

Yes it is connected to psu's sata, the fan's RGBs light up from it but it doesnt spin. All 3 fans are connected to hub, but hub only seems to be connected to motherboard's led slot ADDR3_LED2 (o o x o). 

Worst case I'll plug fans directly into motherboard, but I dont understand why is the hub there if fans wont spin if plugged into it

Sorry? I'm not really sure what the problem could be. Definitely plug the fans onto the motherboard to make sure the fans are functional.

You could try different ports on the fan hub. Is the rear exhaust fan spinning? If so, try connecting the front two fans to the ports next to the rear fan so they are connected next to each other (no gaps). The advertisements show the fans are connected to the top three ports. Something to keep you busy for the next 15 mins lol? idk hopefully something works!

Any luck on trying different ports or connecting them in sequential ports?