Are the Nvenc Dual Encoders Worth It?

Flux Azreal

I'm really big on encoding, and for a while now I've been wanting a 40 series card, but I just learned that not all 40 series have dual encoders, just the 4070 ti and up. I was originally planning on going for the 4070, but i'm still deciding if the extra 200$ for the ti version is worth it for the dual encoders, what can I use the dual encoders for exactly? I imagine they can be used simultaniously to double the export speed in handbrake encodes and premier pro, is this right or can the dual encoders only be used when you're recording in 8k? 

What types of encodes are you doing?

I'm pretty sure thaere mostly there for parallel transcodes.

I'd personlly skip gpu encoding if quality for a given file size is a major requiremnbt as cpus are much better for that

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What types of encodes are you doing?

I'm pretty sure thaere mostly there for parallel transcodes.

I'd personlly skip gpu encoding if quality for a given file size is a major requiremnbt as cpus are much better for that

cpus are better for sure but theyre not efficient at it in the slightest, so for lots of people a better gpu encoder is better than your computer being unusable for an hour

Double the capacity. 

image.png.733d31ead7c9f4965ecd693712a004dd.png

This is one NVENC x265 encode running, as you can see the load is split between both encoders. I can start another on top of this and still not overload it.