Help me choose a motherboard for 12th gen Intel :)

Hey there, I'm new here so greetings to everyone 馃檪

So I'm planning on building a new PC (my first actual PC) using a 12th or 13th gen Intel CPU, for this build, I'm planning on using a Core i3 12100F and eventually upgrading it to a better processor down the road, but I'll stick for the聽Core i3 12100F right now for a budget reason.

I've seen some youtube videos about the best LGA 1700 motherboards for a budget and most of them recommend the MSI Pro B660M-A (DDR4), but I saw one video by Tech Notice and he said the Gigabyte B760M DS3H (DDR4) is also a really good motherboard, and slightly cheaper than the MSI.

I tried to compare the聽MSI Pro B660M-A with the聽Gigabyte B760M DS3H using the website versus.com and the score is basically the same. I need your opinion about this to help me pick which one of these motherboards should I buy so that I won't be regretting later in life 馃檪

Where are you shopping for boards? Others exist, and pricing might make a different one make more sense than another. Right now my go-to recommendation has ended up being the B760M PG Riptide because it actually has an external clock gen and therefore can overclock non-K 12th gen CPUs and -K 12/13th gen chips, plus it's really cheap.聽

If it's just between those two, the B660M-A Pro is the better board no question, it has a massively superior VRM and can actually handle an 8P core chip like the 12700K (the DS3H can't), but they're likely not the only two options and neither is likely the best option. Plus the DS3H is likely a bit cheaper and is perfectly adequate fit the 12100F if you weren't planning to upgrade the CPU, so it might be the better option for you.聽

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Where are you shopping for boards? Others exist, and pricing might make a different one make more sense than another. Right now my go-to recommendation has ended up being the B760M PG Riptide because it actually has an external clock gen and therefore can overclock non-K 12th gen CPUs and -K 12/13th gen chips, plus it's really cheap.聽

If it's just between those two, the B660M-A Pro is the better board no question, it has a massively superior VRM and can actually handle an 8P core chip like the 12700K (the DS3H can't), but they're likely not the only two options and neither is likely the best option. Plus the DS3H is likely a bit cheaper and is perfectly adequate fit the 12100F if you weren't planning to upgrade the CPU, so it might be the better option for you.聽

I'm in Indonesia and we use Tokopedia, which basically is an online shop like Amazon, eBay, etc but for Indonesia only.

I actually never heard of the B760m PG Riptide so I'd have to check that out 馃檪聽And yes I'm planning on upgrading the CPU down the road,

So the MSI B660M is better than the Gigabyte, I'm gonna do some research on your recommendation聽B760m PG Riptide first before doing any purchase, thanks!

12 minutes ago, aladeen said:

I'm in Indonesia and we use Tokopedia

B660m PG Riptide in Enter Komputer

But yeah between those 2 id definitely go for the M-A Pro.

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.