I have a HP Pavillion Gaming PC TG-01 with the Baker 8767 motherboard

The site says 10700f is the strongest processor it supports. But the 10900f is also 65w. Spending the extra $70 on an i9 is not an issue. I want to do livestreaming. So I want the best processor I can get. I don't want to buy the chip and be stuck with it if it doesn't work. It's 400 series like the board and the same generation. So in theory it should work. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my post and help whoever is reading.

I can't find any information online. So I think it's a rare question.

The current specs are:

i5 10400F

32GB ram

1tb nvme drive

GTX 1650 GDDR5

I plan on upgrading the graphics card and power supply as well. I'm torn between the 6600 XT and 3060. 6600 XT is faster, but it's encoder is 2nd rate. Since I plan on streaming I'm torn. The 3060 is more expensive and slower, but would perform better streaming from what I've read.

I figured out Streamyard for chat with people. I'm learning OBS to stream games now.

Any experience or opinions would be helpful.

2 hours ago, StrawberrySoda said:

I want to do livestreaming. So I want the best processor I can get

Just stream using the NVENC encoder and go for the 3060, your CPU usage would be far less burdened to the point where you dont need the CPU upgrade.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:42 PM, SorryClaire said:

Just stream using the NVENC encoder and go for the 3060, your CPU usage would be far less burdened to the point where you dont need the CPU upgrade.

That's a good idea. Would save me alot of money. 3060 is slower enough that it shouldn't bottleneck.

I appreciate your answer.