[SOLVED] New AM5 build won't post, no visuals.

DanteCoal

Final Update - Solution.

I took the PC to a local repair shop for a diagnosis.  They called me within a few hours to lemme know it was all up and working, everything posted, they got Win 11 (ew) installed for me, etc, etc, and asked me to bring my monitor in to see if that was the issue.  So I did, and it turns out it was my Display Port cable (came with my monitor, been using it for a few years) that's bad.  But wait!  It's not bad with my old system that I rebuilt into an old case while I was waiting, it's just bad with THIS system.  When it's plugged in to either the MoBo or GPU, the system refuses to post.  For now I've put a warning label on that cord and tucked it away to either get it tested, or recycled at some point.  But, case solved, PC is working, it was just me not having a spare DP cable that was the issue.  Oh well, at least the repair place was chill and super cheap.

So I recently got all the parts for a new PC build and got it put together.  Parts will be listed below for ease for formatting.  The system turns on, all RGB, ARGB, fans, and pump seem to work perfectly, but there's 0 video signal.  Not on the MoBo, or no the GPU, using either HDMI or DP.  I downloaded the latest MoBo BIOS and flashed it with the onboard flash feature, reseated the CPU, removed a RAM stick, swapped them, etc, checked all power connections, removed the GPU, etc, etc, all the standard stuff.  I'm at my wit's end, and dunno what to do besides taking to to a repair shop to have them diagnose it, because I don't have the parts here to do checks for bad RAM, MoBo, CPU, etc.  

So here'e the build;

CPU - Ryzen 5 7000X
MoBo - MSI Pro X670-p WiFi
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD Expo 32gb (2x 16gb)
GPU - PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX6950XT 16gb
PSU - EVGA Supernova 850 G+
Storage: HP FX900 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD

Configured with EKWB on the CPU and GPU, dual 360 rads on a D5 pump with a mini res.  Checked flow and it's good all around, as well as compression.

Update : Tried clearing CMOS again, tried more HDMI cables on 2 different known-good screens, on both MoBo and GPU, still nothing.  At this point I might take it to a local shop so someone with known good spare hardware can see if I got something bad out of the box, unless someone has some ideas that might help me diagnose what's going on.

It sounds like you have covered most of the basics, im sorry if i mention something you have tried.

I would tear the system down to be at its most basic, so remove GPU, and just attempt using the onboard.
Do you have any LED indicators on the motherboard with maybe some fault codes?

Since you have used both DP and HDMI, we can rule out broken cables and bent pins in the cable or socket.

Have you tried, just to be sure, to remove CMOS battery to make sure its 100% cleared, i know you have updated it, but this might now reset it.

EDIT: We are sure the monitor is plugged in, and turned on and set to the right input? I have had monitors with auto detect that did not auto detect.

Desktop AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 - G. Skill Ripjaws 32gb 3200mhz CL16 - Palit RTX 3080ti - Custom loop for CPU
SimRig  AMD Ryzen 5 5800x3D - Aorus X570 Elite - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb 3600Mhz CL18 - Gainward Phantom 4090 - Custom loop for CPU
Livingroom Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 - Asus X99-AII - Corsair Vengeance 48gb 3200mhz CL18 - PNY 3090 XLR8 - Custom loop for CPU

1 hour ago, DanteCoal said:

but there's 0 video signal.  Not on the MoBo, or no the GPU, using either HDMI or DP.  I downloaded the latest MoBo BIOS and flashed it with the onboard flash feature, reseated the CPU, removed a RAM stick, swapped them, etc, checked all power connections, removed the GPU, etc, etc, all the standard stuff. 

So here'e the build;

CPU - Ryzen 5 7000X
MoBo - MSI Pro X670-p WiFi
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD Expo 32gb (2x 16gb)
GPU - PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX6950XT 16gb
PSU - EVGA Supernova 850 G+
Storage: HP FX900 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD

That is strange, no video signal coming from Mobo nor GPU

Perhaps the problem lies on the bad connector of the DP/HDMI cable or your screen?

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

1 hour ago, DanteCoal said:

So I recently got all the parts for a new PC build and got it put together.  Parts will be listed below for ease for formatting.  The system turns on, all RGB, ARGB, fans, and pump seem to work perfectly, but there's 0 video signal.  Not on the MoBo, or no the GPU, using either HDMI or DP.  I downloaded the latest MoBo BIOS and flashed it with the onboard flash feature, reseated the CPU, removed a RAM stick, swapped them, etc, checked all power connections, removed the GPU, etc, etc, all the standard stuff.  I'm at my wit's end, and dunno what to do besides taking to to a repair shop to have them diagnose it, because I don't have the parts here to do checks for bad RAM, MoBo, CPU, etc.  

have you used a different cable? Normally the cable or monitor is at fault here. Is your cpu cooler plugged into either cpu fan or pump fan header?

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

When you turn on the system there is a power signal that is sent to the screen. This will happen even if your computer won’t post. Normally if the computer is the problem you will get a “no signal detected” on powering on. If you get nothing, it’s either a cable or monitor problem most likely.

Since you have tried two cables, my guess is you have a dead monitor. Verify by plugging in a different source (laptop or another computer) and see if it works.

Ok, to cover some bases here;

I do have LED indicators on the MoBo, the EZ-Debug set of 4 from MSI.  When I power on the system, both the CPU not found, and RAM not found lights come on.  The CPU light turns off after a few seconds, followed by the RAM light, leaving me with no faults detected on the MoBo.

My monitor and cables are good.  They were working with my old system a couple days ago, and I already checked them again to be sure nothing went sideways.  I only have the one DP cable, but I've tried several HDMI cables, all of which worked.  The monitor does use auto-detect, but even manually swapping inputs using the buttons on the monitor doesn't do anything.  That said, I might try plugging it into my TV and seeing if that somehow magically works.

I have torn it down to just the MoBo, CPU, and Ram connected, and still have the same issue.

I removed the CMOS battery before, but I'll try again and see if that possiblity helps now that I've flashed the BIOS.

I do have a set of fans plugged into the CPU fan header, and have tried swapping fans, using just one fan, etc.  My pump is plugged into the pump header, with the same troubleshooting steps applied.