Are there any notable downsides with going with the smaller Fractal Design Pop Air Mini, instead of full version Fractal Design Pop Air?

melitopoltokmak

I can get quite good deal either case, the full Fractal Design Pop Air for 84 euros, or the Fractal Design Pop Air Mini for 10 euros more. Is there downsides with going with the smaller version? The build I hope to combine with I5-13600KF with AK620 and 4070 GPU.

I really like the smaller version, but I am a bit fearful about the temperatures, and that there might be issues with getting a CPU cooler installed. Is there any other reason why I should go with the full size variant instead?

1 minute ago, melitopoltokmak said:

for 10 euros more

id just go for this then. Pop Air already suffers from a little GPU airflow issue at normal size but the mini is worse. Is it so poor that your GPU turns to turd? No, but id definitely go for the upgrade if youre not size constrained.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, melitopoltokmak said:

I really like the smaller version, but I am a bit fearful about the temperatures, and that there might be issues with getting a CPU cooler installed. Is there any other reason why I should go with the full size variant instead?

No it won't have any performance downsides. Its just a smaller package. I would have gotten it if I didn't already buy the 4000d airflow. I would get the mini pop air

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

36 minutes ago, melitopoltokmak said:

I can get quite good deal either case, the full Fractal Design Pop Air for 84 euros, or the Fractal Design Pop Air Mini for 10 euros more. Is there downsides with going with the smaller version? The build I hope to combine with I5-13600KF with AK620 and 4070 GPU.

Depends on :

1. The form factor of your motherboard.

IIRC Pop Air Mini only compatible up to mATX.

2. How long is your AIO radiator (if you are using AIO or plan to in the future), and where would you like to mount it. No 280 rad with mini.

3. Your PSU length. Mini only supports up to 150mm

As for CPU cooler clearance, they are both the same. 170mm

Basically, if you don't want to deal with the hassle I sometimes have to deal with due to my old PC case. IMHO, Just get the standard version.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I mean apart from size? Not really

I'm a big fan of mATX for the majority of users so if I were shopping for myself I'd go the mini. The only reason I didn't get the Pop Air Mini for my build is because they're not in stock in Australia atm.