Laptop for Engineering

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
1 hour ago, 5tandard said:

The Strix is a bit too much gamery for me I think, but the Zephyrus looks really nice, I need to take a closer look at that one. 

While researching I came across the OMEN Gaming Laptop 16-k0778ng - NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti Does anyone have experience with that one? (I found it for 2050€ at a local website)

thats a pretty good spec but its 450 euros above budget. The zephyrus has a better cpu and same gpu and ram and ssd for 450 euros less. I would get that zephyrus. But apart from HP's weird 'gamer' software they don't make bad gaming laptops. I have a HP pavilion laptop and I love it. Got a 5700u with 16g of ram and 512gig ssd and I bought it for only 650 pounds (750 bucks) on a deal. I would still go for the Asus tho

Hi,

I'm searching for a new Laptop and would like to ask for your advice. It should be 15” and portable (which means not too heavy and not too thick), it should as well have a decent battery, as I’m not able to charge it everywhere. I will use the Laptop for CAD and Simulation, such as Catia, Altair Hyperworks and more. In addition to that I do some Renders, mostly in Blender. Lastly it would be nice if I could game on it from time to time. It shouldn’t cost to much, as I’m trying to spend less than equivalent to 2000€ (USD 2150$).

I’m looking forward to your advice. Thanks in advance.

any dell xps, they are great with performance and portability. mxm slots for gpu upgrade

29 minutes ago, Cosnovae said:

any dell xps, they are great with performance and portability. mxm slots for gpu upgrade

Your right but they're pretty expensive for the wrong things

35 minutes ago, 5tandard said:

Hi,

I'm searching for a new Laptop and would like to ask for your advice. It should be 15” and portable (which means not too heavy and not too thick), it should as well have a decent battery, as I’m not able to charge it everywhere. I will use the Laptop for CAD and Simulation, such as Catia, Altair Hyperworks and more. In addition to that I do some Renders, mostly in Blender. Lastly it would be nice if I could game on it from time to time. It shouldn’t cost to much, as I’m trying to spend less than equivalent to 2000€ (USD 2150$).

I’m looking forward to your advice. Thanks in advance.

I would get a gaming laptop like this one ASUS ROG Strix G18 Gaming Laptop | 18 Inch FHD+ 165Hz/7ms Anti-Glare IPS Display | Intel Core i7-13650HX | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | QWERTZ Keyboard | Eclipse Grey: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

or this one MSI Pulse 17 Gaming Notebook, 43.9 cm , Intel Core i7-13700H, 2 x 8 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RTX 4060 8 GB, Windows 11 H, 2.7 kg Slim and Aluminium Cover, B17 3VFK-2 66, Black: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I already had a lokk at the XPS but they are quite expensive. And I am worried that I'll run into cooling issues, does anyone have experience with that?
And what spec of XPS would you recommend?

Looking at the specs that looks great, but they are quite a bite too large, I'm looking for something around 15 inches.

17 minutes ago, 5tandard said:

Looking at the specs that looks great, but they are quite a bite too large, I'm looking for something around 15 inches.

This one might be a bit gamery for you but has decent specs ASUS ROG Strix G15 Laptop | 15.6" 165Hz/3ms WQHD Display | AMD R9-6900HX | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX3070Ti | Windows 11 | QWERTZ Keyboard | Grey: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

or theres this one (a bit over but has 32 gigs of ram, a 12900h and a 3070 ti) ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 Laptop (Intel i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA RTX 3070Ti, 8GB GDDR6, Win11Hhite Off black. /QWERTZ: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

Current parts list

1 hour ago, filpo said:

The Strix is a bit too much gamery for me I think, but the Zephyrus looks really nice, I need to take a closer look at that one. 

While researching I came across the OMEN Gaming Laptop 16-k0778ng - NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti Does anyone have experience with that one? (I found it for 2050€ at a local website)

1 hour ago, 5tandard said:

thats a pretty good spec but its 450 euros above budget. The zephyrus has a better cpu and same gpu and ram and ssd for 450 euros less. I would get that zephyrus. But apart from HP's weird 'gamer' software they don't make bad gaming laptops. I have a HP pavilion laptop and I love it. Got a 5700u with 16g of ram and 512gig ssd and I bought it for only 650 pounds (750 bucks) on a deal. I would still go for the Asus tho

Current parts list

Yes, you're right. So generally you would recommend asus over hp?

11 hours ago, 5tandard said:

Yes, you're right. So generally you would recommend asus over hp?

Their both experienced in the laptop world but I would trust asus more. So yes I would

Current parts list