GPU doesn't seem to go all the way in the PCIE slot

Go to solution Solved by Nocte,

It looks fine from the picture you posted. It would help if the picture was taken from a more vertical angle. 

If the lock clicked and the PC is working without hiccups I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Not entirely sure but, does this look like it's plugged all the way in? I can't push it any further since the bracket already hits the case. Everything is posting and all, gamed on it for about 2 weeks already with no problems and I just noticed it as I was trying to fix my previous problem with the standoffs. I could vertical mount it but I prefer the horizontal aesthetic. So I just kinda want to know if this could potentially damage the card long term.

Additional info: I did hear the click from the plastic lock, so that side seems to go all the way in. 

Case: Lian Li Lancool 3
GPU: Gigabyte 4070 Ti Eagle 12GB

20230526_030055.jpg

Additional info: I did hear the click from the plastic lock, so that side seems to go all the way in. 

Case: Lian Li Lancool 3
GPU: Gigabyte 4070 Ti Eagle 12GB

It looks fine from the picture you posted. It would help if the picture was taken from a more vertical angle. 

If the lock clicked and the PC is working without hiccups I wouldn’t worry about it. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Everything is posting and all, gamed on it for about 2 weeks already with no problems

Brother, if it wasn't in all the way then it wouldn't post or play games. Don't worry, it's good.

There's always some wiggle room on connectors to give tolerance for variances in manufacturing and assembly.

That looks fine to me. The important thing is that the card is sitting flat in the slot, not at an angle. That way you know its contacts aren't bridging pins together inside the slot.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.