Supermicro X10DRU-i+ and intel Arc 770

Hi!

I've got an Supermicro Server with the X10DRU-i+ board, which has dedicated GPU power plugs on the board itself. What I could not find out is how much power they are able to provide. I searched a bit, but could not find a power rating for that plugs. I do not want to just send it and hope for the best. Any ideas where to find this information?

The connectors should be capable of supplying the power that they are rated for, i.e. 150W. But you'll have to make sure that your PSU is capable of delivering enough power.

It has redundant PSU with 1200W each, so I do not worry there. Even with all the HDD in this thing.
It never occured to me just to take the specification of the plug itself into consideration. I was looking for some information on the board. But you are totally right!
Thank you!

12 minutes ago, GreenTentacle said:

It never occured to me just to take the specification of the plug itself into consideration. I was looking for some information on the board

Haha, I know that feeling. With how consumer electronics works, it is also kinda important to check. But I doubt Supermicro would let you fry their boards.

42 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Haha, I know that feeling. With how consumer electronics works, it is also kinda important to check. But I doubt Supermicro would let you fry their boards.

On that note, check the polarity and pinout of the connectors, especially if you didn't get the original internal cables with the chassis. They could be set up with the EPS pinout, which is backwards compared to regular desktop PCIe power. I learned that one the hard way trying to put a couple Tesla M40s into a PowerEdge R730; contrary to what the Internet says, its ports will not work with a straight-through splitter as an extention! (Magic smoke happened. The server and card were okay, but the splitter cooked itself shorting a +12v rail to ground. I've since acquired proper cables.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Magic smoke happened. The server and card were okay, but the splitter cooked itself shorting a +12v rail to ground. I've since acquired proper cables.

Holy, I hope you didn't have a heart attack right there. 

According to the manual, the connector uses the standard pinout (pins 1-3 12V and 4-8 ground). So OP should be fine here.

I always check polarity. Years ago, I had one of the first modular enermax PSU and they shipped cables with 1:1 connection, but on the PSU itself it was not the standard layout. So I killed my GPU. Luckily just some SMD components, which I could change, but after that, checking polarity and voltages on all cables has become second nature. I have a really good puller tool and changing the pinout is a matter of minutes.