Computer runs way slower than it should.

Quavx

Hello I have had my computer for a little over a year (built it myself) and I have been getting worse and worse performance over that time to the point where I cant even play most of my games because they run that bad on a system that should be easily running them. I get constant stutters and play below 70 fps on most titles while on the lowest settings.
I have a: 
ryzen 5 5600x
rx 6600 xt

8 GB x 4 Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz 

Asus X470 motherboard

750 watt power supply

and run on Windows 11

I update my drivers and windows pretty consistently and only issues I have had with my hardware was a couple bent pins on the CPU during installation however I was able to get them straightened and working, I also had my previous GPU (GTX 770) killed after installing it with my motherboard. I have no idea if these would be a reason for the poor performance and been really annoyed that my $500 Xbox can run better than my computer i have spent so much money building.

7 minutes ago, Quavx said:

I also had my previous GPU (GTX 770) killed after installing it with my motherboard

How did it die? Did it just not turn on again or did it slowly die? Also, did you DDU your old GPU drivers, after you got your new GPU? (or did you reinstall windows?)

8 minutes ago, Quavx said:

and I have been getting worse and worse performance over that time to the point where I cant even play most of my games because they run that bad on a system that should be easily running them.

How do your CPU temps look like? Do you have any programs running in the background? How are your core clocks while you are gaming. The same things would also be interesting for your GPU.

9 minutes ago, Quavx said:

and been really annoyed that my $500 Xbox can run better than my computer i have spent so much money building.

Well your GPU is probably slightly worse than what is in the Xbox. Since the games that you play on the xbox are optimized to run on it, and on the computer side, they are usually all but optimized, your xbox should have the edge anyway. Sorry :c

3 minutes ago, adm0n said:

How did it die? Did it just not turn on again or did it slowly die? Also, did you DDU your old GPU drivers, after you got your new GPU? (or did you reinstall windows?)

The old GPU worked for about a day and then it just wouldn't turn on again, I also did not uninstall any old GPU drivers from memory or reinstall windows.

6 minutes ago, adm0n said:

How do your CPU temps look like? Do you have any programs running in the background? How are your core clocks while you are gaming. The same things would also be interesting for your GPU.

The only apps I typically run in the background is voice meter, discord or Opera GX but 90% of the time it will be with nothing open. I average about 70 degrees and any where from 4400 - 4600 MHz on the CPU and 60 - 70 degrees and 2400 - 2600 MHz on the GPU 

14 minutes ago, Quavx said:

also ran a user benchmark incase this helps I have no idea what any of it really means tbh 😅 just really want help 

MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B79) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Your benchmark says everything is fine, at least with how much you can trust UserBenchmark. I wouldn't trust them that much tbh.

3 minutes ago, Quavx said:

The old GPU worked for about a day and then it just wouldn't turn on again, I also did not uninstall any old GPU drivers from memory or reinstall windows.

Hmm, it might've been a coincidence. Do you know what PSU you have? Like the full model name?

3 minutes ago, Quavx said:

The only apps I typically run in the background is voice meter, discord or Opera GX but 90% of the time it will be with nothing open. I average about 70 degrees and any where from 4400 - 4600 MHz on the CPU and 60 - 70 degrees and 2400 - 2600 MHz on the GPU 

That sounds quite normal to me. What games are you playing and what FPS are you getting at which settings and resolution.

And how full is your SSD? If it is almost full, it get slower, which might feel like your PC gets more sluggish. And running a game of an HDD, will feel way worse than on the xbox, as it comes with a pretty decent NVMe SSD.

5 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Hmm, it might've been a coincidence. Do you know what PSU you have? Like the full model name?

The PSU I had at the time I no longer use it was a a Thermaltake TR2 S 650W - TRS-0650P-2

7 minutes ago, adm0n said:

That sounds quite normal to me. What games are you playing and what FPS are you getting at which settings and resolution.

I play all my games on 1080p and I play a lot of COD and modern Warfare 2 and Cold war run on 100 FPS max Low - med settings and It has like fps stutters all the time and, even on games like Fortnite or Apex legends and Valorant I have to play on the lowest settings to even get above 100 FPS with also the same stuttering I get on COD.

12 minutes ago, adm0n said:

And how full is your SSD? If it is almost full, it get slower, which might feel like your PC gets more sluggish. And running a game of an HDD, will feel way worse than on the xbox, as it comes with a pretty decent NVMe SSD.

My SSD is pretty full at over 80% full 

24 minutes ago, Quavx said:

I also did not uninstall any old GPU drivers from memory or reinstall windows

The the first thing I'd like you to do, is DDU all your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers for your current GPU. That could be the culprit, but it might be something else too.

Here is a guide for that -> https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/DDU-Guide-Tutorial

I think anything that they mention specifically for win 10 also counts for win 11

1 hour ago, Quavx said:

Hello I have had my computer for a little over a year (built it myself) and I have been getting worse and worse performance over that time to the point where I cant even play most of my games because they run that bad on a system that should be easily running them. I get constant stutters and play below 70 fps on most titles while on the lowest settings.
I have a: 
ryzen 5 5600x
rx 6600 xt

8 GB x 4 Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz 

Asus X470 motherboard

750 watt power supply

and run on Windows 11

I update my drivers and windows pretty consistently and only issues I have had with my hardware was a couple bent pins on the CPU during installation however I was able to get them straightened and working, I also had my previous GPU (GTX 770) killed after installing it with my motherboard. I have no idea if these would be a reason for the poor performance and been really annoyed that my $500 Xbox can run better than my computer i have spent so much money building.

Voicemeter and opera gx can take alot a bit of performance on the cpu side maybe oc ram for more performance but Warzone 2 runs like ass unless we have 13700k's, On valorant and apex you might have v sync or a frame cap turned on because you should easily get way more than 100 fps

Main:

• CPU
    10700k 5ghz All core 47 ring ratio 1.275v
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
    4x8 viper steel samsung bdie: 4200-17-17-30
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming Oc
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
    970 Evo Plus 500gb OS, Sn550 1tb, 860 evo 500gb, 2tb MX500
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
    Acer Nitro vg272up, Kogan 24 1080 120hz
  • Cooling
    arctic 280aio, EK M.2 NVMe Heatsink on 970 evo plus

Second: 
    Cpu: i5-8400
    Cooling: ID-Cooling Frostflow 120x
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.
    Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-K
    Gpu: Igpu
    Case: Coolermaster MB311L

3 hours ago, adm0n said:

The the first thing I'd like you to do, is DDU all your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers for your current GPU. That could be the culprit, but it might be something else too.

Here is a guide for that -> https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/DDU-Guide-Tutorial

I think anything that they mention specifically for win 10 also counts for win 11

Alright just done it and installed my drivers and played a couple of games however they are still performing the same below 100 fps and having the stutter as well 

13 minutes ago, Quavx said:

Alright just done it and installed my drivers and played a couple of games however they are still performing the same below 100 fps and having the stutter as well 

That's unfortunate.

Since you said that the performance degradation happened gradually, I'm wondering if something happened to your OS. Because the only real explanations for this behavior is either, that you are running into a thermal/power constraint, but you said, that you checked both CPU and GPU.

On the other hand, if you OS is interfering with your games, that could also be an issue.

Could you, just for science, install windows onto a partition on one of your other drives and see if that fixes it? I'm sorry that I don't have a better solution for you :c

4 hours ago, Quavx said:

and run on Windows 11

To be honest, Ive had nothing but slow downs on my "old" computer on windows 11, and by old I mean a 5800x non 3d. and a Zotac 3090ti. Ive recently upgraded both and rolled back to windows 10 and a lot more stuff has been running smootly. I know a LOT of benchmarks say things like the Avg FPS between Windows 10 and 11 are basically indentical, but it seems like a lot of 1% and 0.1% lows are affected. Could lead to stuttering and inconsistencies, even if the average experiece is about the same. 

5 hours ago, Quavx said:

5 hours ago, adm0n said:

That was supposed to be first thing you did after swapping your GPU. Even if it is from the same manufacturer ( etc from nvidia to nvidia ) it is still highly recommended to do clean reinstall.

Use DDU to do a clean driver install.

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

54 minutes ago, BryBry said:

To be honest, Ive had nothing but slow downs on my "old" computer on windows 11, and by old I mean a 5800x non 3d. and a Zotac 3090ti. Ive recently upgraded both and rolled back to windows 10 and a lot more stuff has been running smootly. I know a LOT of benchmarks say things like the Avg FPS between Windows 10 and 11 are basically indentical, but it seems like a lot of 1% and 0.1% lows are affected. Could lead to stuttering and inconsistencies, even if the average experiece is about the same. 

I never had that problem running a i7 4790. So i guess it is entirely based on luck whether win 11 works for you or not... neat