Gtx titan, any usage today?

aelx
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,
9 hours ago, aelx said:

I was thinking about using it as a nvenc-dedicated card in my main rig until a can get my hands on an encoder that does AV1 with a bearable pricetag.

Although I was reading the Nvidia Matrix for Nvenc but its not listed there, maybe it was a while ago?

But i found a data-sheet with the information that the nvenc didnt support 444 colour sampling and lossless encoding.

Kepler NVENC wasn't great, especially not compared to what came after it.

Let your 2070 do the encoding for now.

Hi

I was one of the crazy ones that bought the first GTX Titan, at the time I was playing alot of games with tri-screen setup so it had its uses.

Anyways, I have been googling a lot ( and i mean a lot) trying to find any meaningful usage for my trusted old companion but cant seem to find any.

Today I'm using a 2070 Super and have started streaming for fun but so if its usable in say adobe premier or similar it would be nice.

But I am starting to regard it as a very beatiful and/or expensive bookshelf support.

Am I missing something or does have any use today that I am missing?

BR

Alex

Is that the Kepler(GTX 700 series) Titan or the Maxwell(GTX 900 series) Titan?

Usage will certainly depend on the generation, Maxwell would be more capable and support more things than Kepler does.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

It was a mighty card in its day, but that day was still a decade ago. 

It will tear through games from its time, but for modern titles it's probably going to be comparable to a 780ti.

Some nerd benchmarked it in his garage when it was new:

Said nerd looked at a couple of aging Kepler cards last year, including a 780ti. Looks like he upgraded to a much nicer garage in the intervening decade; good for him.

There's still a little life left to wring out of it, but it's definitely more of a historical curiosity than a relevant gaming card these days.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

27 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Is that the Kepler(GTX 700 series) Titan or the Maxwell(GTX 900 series) Titan?

Usage will certainly depend on the generation, Maxwell would be more capable and support more things than Kepler does.

It's the Kepler-based one 😞

21 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It was a mighty card in its day, but that day was still a decade ago. 

It will tear through games from its time, but for modern titles it's probably going to be comparable to a 780ti.

Some nerd benchmarked it in his garage when it was new:

Said nerd looked at a couple of aging Kepler cards last year, including a 780ti. Looks like he upgraded to a much nicer garage in the intervening decade; good for him.

I know, it was a beast back in the days 🙂

I was thinking about using it as a nvenc-dedicated card in my main rig until a can get my hands on an encoder that does AV1 with a bearable pricetag.

Although I was reading the Nvidia Matrix for Nvenc but its not listed there, maybe it was a while ago?

But i found a data-sheet with the information that the nvenc didnt support 444 colour sampling and lossless encoding.

I am quite new to streaming and I can't seem to find a good answer to the question: Do I need this when streaming 1080p to twitch and youtube?

45 minutes ago, aelx said:

Waste of electricity, just use the encoder in your 2070. 

Also I think you need older driver for the Titan. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

9 hours ago, aelx said:

Kepler NVENC wasn't great, especially not compared to what came after it.

Let your 2070 do the encoding for now.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.