Is it still too soon to explore more shipment options?

Bigbenirv
Go to solution Solved by Adam Pilolla,

Unfortunately while those shipping options are a possibility, at our current scale you'd be looking at spending a LOT more than just an extra 30-40 USD. 馃槵

The TLDR on this is that our scale has grown immensely over the last few years but it's still not at the level of other retailers you might be used to shopping with i.e. Amazon (which you might argue isn't a fair comparison but we do get compared to them... a lot :P). Much of our goods are also quite big and/or heavy (think screwdrivers, desk pads, pillows) in comparison to others i.e. Dbrand. Weight/volume affect shipping costs perhaps more than distance does (but they all have an effect).

We've heard our non-US/Canada customers' feedback on shipping loud and clear, but the reality is that this is probably going to take some more time for us to really iron out. It's something we're always looking at and talking about internally; we want the shipping experience to be as good as it possibly can be!

I am based in Mexico and once any ltt order enters this nation's territory, our national postal service takes charge... in my case that's horrible news, I end up waiting a month or two to get any package in.聽

I would like to assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the store's scale is now approaching levels in which it would be easier to reach partnerships with different carriers (FedEX, DHL, UPS... idk) I do understand it's not that simple and it is obviously going to be more expensive for us consumers but I mean to put an example, I am already spending 69 USD for a screwdriver (nice) at least I'd appreciate being able to have the choice of spending an extra 30-40 to have it arrive in 5 business days instead of more than 45.聽

Would love to read any insight on this, and I'd really like to stress that the store overall today is in a fantastic place and the work the entire team has put on it throughout the lifecycle of any ltt product shows it just feels as if this is one of those annoyances that detriments the final customer experience for those of us who are abroad 馃檪

Unfortunately while those shipping options are a possibility, at our current scale you'd be looking at spending a LOT more than just an extra 30-40 USD. 馃槵

The TLDR on this is that our scale has grown immensely over the last few years but it's still not at the level of other retailers you might be used to shopping with i.e. Amazon (which you might argue isn't a fair comparison but we do get compared to them... a lot :P). Much of our goods are also quite big and/or heavy (think screwdrivers, desk pads, pillows) in comparison to others i.e. Dbrand. Weight/volume affect shipping costs perhaps more than distance does (but they all have an effect).

We've heard our non-US/Canada customers' feedback on shipping loud and clear, but the reality is that this is probably going to take some more time for us to really iron out. It's something we're always looking at and talking about internally; we want the shipping experience to be as good as it possibly can be!

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

3 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

I figured, I recall that scale was the biggest issue since it was said on WAN show many moons ago and I'd agree it's quite unfair to say you guys operate on a scale comparable to Amazon 馃槃. I appreciate the insight on this still being the main bottleneck!

4 minutes ago, Adam Pilolla said:

And I also appreciate knowing this is an ongoing conversation internally.聽

Thanks a bunch!聽

3 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

I hear what you're saying, and I get that it might not be feasible to setup a "deal" for discounted shipping with a major courier, but what if, and hear me out here, what if LTT gave the option to the consumer to pay for more expensive shipping.聽 Just a thought.聽 You could even have a disclaimer on the page about why it's there....for the few people that might want it.聽 And maybe I'm missing some major logistical hurdle that creates, but it seems like giving the consumer more options is....better?

14 hours ago, Harlem_Shaker said:

I hear what you're saying, and I get that it might not be feasible to setup a "deal" for discounted shipping with a major courier, but what if, and hear me out here, what if LTT gave the option to the consumer to pay for more expensive shipping.聽 Just a thought.聽 You could even have a disclaimer on the page about why it's there....for the few people that might want it.聽 And maybe I'm missing some major logistical hurdle that creates, but it seems like giving the consumer more options is....better?

It's all about finding a middle ground you know? I see your point about "having the option" it is essentially the point which made me create the post in the first place... we do have to try and put ourselves in the shoes of the store's team though and realise that if (for example) there's constant outrage caused by the expensive shipping fares to Europe, my guess it'd be an even worse look if the other options are paying $150 USD for a backpack to ship.聽

Needless to say, I feel I speak for most people abroad when saying we're a bit frustrated with the current shipping option it's just that after reading what was said above... we're just gonna have to trust them bros whenever that middle ground turns into having reasonable premium freight options.聽

On 5/26/2023 at 6:02 PM, Bigbenirv said:

there's constant outrage caused by the expensive shipping fares to Europe, my guess it'd be an even worse look if the other options are paying $150 USD for a backpack to ship.聽

Needless to say, I feel I speak for most people abroad when saying we're a bit frustrated with the current shipping option it's just that after reading what was said above... we're just gonna have to trust them bros whenever that middle ground turns into having reasonable premium freight options.聽

I live in the Eastern Europe. What I really don't get, is why better and quicker shipping has to be much more expensive. I literally have hundreds of orders from abroad, from the USA (LA, New Jersey, NY, etc), from Canada (Vancouver, Toronto mainly) which cost the same or less (taxes are the same in regards to the cost of the product, but shipping was less in some instances), in regards to LTT shipping. We are talking about a company that sells tens of thousands (at least) of items per year. It's not like some small company operating from a garage. Everything that I ordered (normal shipping not expedited) was sent via Aramex or DHL. Every order I received within ten working days or less. Both from USA or Canada. No extra shipping costs or extra taxes. The parcels are delivered to my doorstep. Yet Wizmo, or whoever sends everything from LTT are sending it with Asendia, which is utter trash. Why can't they provide a reasonable option, when others, operating on a smaller scale, can?聽 I have relatives in the USA, who sometimes send me stuff, also via DHL and Aramex, no extra cost for shipping, no extra taxes, than let's say what Amazon provides. And again, I have to reiterate, one parcel, normal shipping, which I receive in a normal time fashion (14 days tops). Everything that goes through Asendia, takes a lot of time, then when the parcel reaches my country, it is picked up by the incompetent national post office and it takes like 2-3 weeks for a 300 mile journey from the capital city to my city, until they inform me that I have to pick up the parcel. For example, how come King Pin's company from Taiwan, which sells thermal compound, OC equipment, etc, niche products, which is a much smaller company than LTT, can offer normal shipping prices and no extra taxes with DHL and have a smooth delivery?! Literally ordered on Friday, got everything delivered to my doorstep by next Thursday. I do understand that they do not operate on par with Amazon, but why other smaller companies can do it? And I'm referring to products with similar or identical weight, size, price, etc. And again, if it is not doable at a normal price rate, why not offer a more expensive, but a proper delivery option. So that whoever wants it and is willing to pay (like some already expressed their wish in doing so) will do so.聽

Of course, they know better, but the entire shipping process with the screwdriver and the lack of proper and exact information made me聽 decide not to order anything from the LTT store, until they sort their shipping. Either by providing a proper shipping option or by opening a warehouse in Europe.聽