Anytime I Restart my PC it doesn't want to Boot into Windows

xSnufflesx

Problem: For Months now Whenever I Restart my PC for any reason, (Pretty sure this includes turning the PC off then Back ON as well), when it restarts It will show "TUF Gaming" and below the Keys to Enter Bios, after that it just says TUF Gaming with a spinning Loading thing and eventually the loading thing will just freeze.
So Far the Only way ive found to fix this is by just restarting the PC over and Over again and hoping it just eventually doesnt freeze and goes thru.
Once im in windows the PC runs perfectly fine with no issues, no crashes, slowdowns, nothing.

Also before it freezes i can freely enter the bios and basically live in the Bios as long as i want without any freezes.

My Specs:

• Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621)
  • TUF Gaming X570-Pro (Wifi) (Bios Version - 4601, Latest - 4602)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RAM (3600MHz XMP)
  • MSI - Gaming X GTX 1660 Super (6GB GDDR6)
  • PNY CS1311 240GB SSD (Boot), Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WDC WD4003FFBX-68MU3N0 4TB HDD
  • ENERMAX Revolution D.F. 850W 80+ Gold

Things I've Tried:

1. Swapping Ram Around and taking 1 out at a time - No Change
  2. At One Point I Cleared CMOS, which allowed me to get back in but problem happened again after
  3. Plug Windows 11 AND Windows 10 Bootable USB in and tried to Fix Startup Issues - Sometimes it will allow me to go thru with it and sometimes it will also freeze when booting up from USB after awhile, I've also tried to Unplug the SSD while doing this but doesnt seem to affect it much?
  4. Also Managed to Run ChkDsk C: /r / x with the Win 11 Bootable USB and it came back with no errors
  5. Run MemTest86 - Test Passed so I Guess the Ram is fine?

At this Point I Don't know if its a Software issue or Hardware. I thought maybe I just needed to fresh install windows but if Windows is the problem then why does my Bootable USB's also freeze?

I'm trying to avoid unplugging cables and hardware as much as I can because that stuff has always been a Pain for me and if it IS a Defective Part I Don't have the money to replace it anyway.
After Running MemTest I turned it off for the night, woke up turned it on and after about 2 restarts it booted into windows Finally so im afraid to test much else right now and risk not being able to boot back up

but i also know i need to get this fixed eventually.

I Have also had blue screens a few times after it freezes trying to boot up or if the "Starting Automatic Repair" kept going for too long. 

I dont think they generated any dump files but the errors were: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
And Once i got: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

I do have a spare empty SSD that I was planned on trying to Install Windows On and see if it will boot from that no Problem but ^^
Other then that im stumped 😞

4 minutes ago, xSnufflesx said:

Problem: For Months now Whenever I Restart my PC for any reason, (Pretty sure this includes turning the PC off then Back ON as well), when it restarts It will show "TUF Gaming" and below the Keys to Enter Bios, after that it just says TUF Gaming with a spinning Loading thing and eventually the loading thing will just freeze.
So Far the Only way ive found to fix this is by just restarting the PC over and Over again and hoping it just eventually doesnt freeze and goes thru.
Once im in windows the PC runs perfectly fine with no issues, no crashes, slowdowns, nothing.

Also before it freezes i can freely enter the bios and basically live in the Bios as long as i want without any freezes.

My Specs:

• Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621)
  • TUF Gaming X570-Pro (Wifi) (Bios Version - 4601, Latest - 4602)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RAM (3600MHz XMP)
  • MSI - Gaming X GTX 1660 Super (6GB GDDR6)
  • PNY CS1311 240GB SSD (Boot), Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WDC WD4003FFBX-68MU3N0 4TB HDD
  • ENERMAX Revolution D.F. 850W 80+ Gold

Things I've Tried:

1. Swapping Ram Around and taking 1 out at a time - No Change
  2. At One Point I Cleared CMOS, which allowed me to get back in but problem happened again after
  3. Plug Windows 11 AND Windows 10 Bootable USB in and tried to Fix Startup Issues - Sometimes it will allow me to go thru with it and sometimes it will also freeze when booting up from USB after awhile, I've also tried to Unplug the SSD while doing this but doesnt seem to affect it much?
  4. Run MemTest86 - Test Passed so I Guess the Ram is fine?

At this Point I Don't know if its a Software issue or Hardware. I thought maybe I just needed to fresh install windows but if Windows is the problem then why does my Bootable USB's also freeze?

I'm trying to avoid unplugging cables and hardware as much as I can because that stuff has always been a Pain for me and if it IS a Defective Part I Don't have the money to replace it anyway.
After Running MemTest I turned it off for the night, woke up turned it on and after about 2 restarts it booted into windows Finally so im afraid to test much else right now and risk not being able to boot back up

but i also know i need to get this fixed eventually.

I do have a spare empty SSD that I was planned on trying to Install Windows On and see if it will boot from that no Problem but ^^
Other then that im stumped 😞

I think the ssd or smth else died, try reinstall windows and then start subbing in parts to see whats dead

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

9 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

I think the ssd or smth else died, try reinstall windows and then start subbing in parts to see whats dead

Only extra Hardware I have is an SSD, so ill try a fresh Windows 11 install on the new SSD whenever im brave enough to restart my PC again lol

I'd try running SFC but I suspect "fix startup issues" may have already done this.

Reinstalling Windows is probably the best option.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Power in my house went out which forced my PC to restart so yippie it wouldnt boot back up. I completely unplugged my current OS SSD and plugged in a brand new one and used a USB Boot Drive to try and install windows 10 on the new SSD.
HOWEVER, booting from the USB also kept freezing much the same way as it does when i try to boot into Windows on my Old SSD.
So that leads me to suspect my Current OS SSD isnt the problem because if it was i dont think id be getting the same issue with it completely removed from my PC.

After it froze with the USB Boot Flash Drive, i instead tried unplugging *mostly* all the connectors thats connected to my Motherboard (Basically all but the Giant Power connector and a fan connector that i believe goes to my AIO), plugged Old SSD in, and it booted up first try. So either i just got super Lucky or that was the problem?
Going to turn PC off so i can put my SSD in properly since right now its just sitting on my Drive bay so hopefully PC will boot up again just fine 🤞

Edit: Welp Seems i just got lucky, it froze again and i had to restart it multiple times before it would load in ;-;..im completely at my wits end i have 0 Clue what the problem could be or how to fix it

Edited by xSnufflesx