USB devices and internet stop working until restart.

Tacos4Tots

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? I had this issue with my computer for a month until I updated my bios. After that, it did not seem to do this for a while. However, this past week my pc has been turning off my usb devices and internet randomly in the middle of playing games. I will lose connection to my keyboard, my headphones, and my wireless controller, and my internet (happens both wired and wireless). My mouse is the only device that seems to work when this happens which usually allows me to navigate to home to restart.

The computer will only do this at most once per boot, and simply pressing shut off will not work and will not restore power or internet. I have to press restart for it to come back. On top of this, my wireless controller adapter plugged into my pc has an led indicator showing when it is on, and it stays on even after shutoff, although my keyboard goes completely dead and dark until restart just like the other devices.  

I haven’t found any other threads anywhere that has this same issue so I’m at a complete loss here. 

I have no idea what changed in the past week to make this issue appear again, I have not updated any drivers or done anything different on my computer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My build: 
Windows 11
Rtx 4090
Ryzen 7950x
G skill ddr5 6000 32gb
MSI MPG A1000g pcie5
Asus rog strix b650e-f

Have you connected your peripherals through the motherboard usb or the cabinet usb, as sometimes the system would not detect the usb cable connected to the motherboard and just leave it without power, most likely check your connections and see if they are in place. Or check your bios settings.

8 hours ago, MONIXMARU said:

Have you connected your peripherals through the motherboard usb or the cabinet usb, as sometimes the system would not detect the usb cable connected to the motherboard and just leave it without power, most likely check your connections and see if they are in place. Or check your bios settings.

I have some connected through my front ip and also my motherboard. My mouse and keyboard are on the same row of USB ports on the back, but my mouse is still the only thing continuing to work. Which bios settings to check?

usb legacy support needs to be enabled

4 minutes ago, Tacos4Tots said:

I have some connected through my front ip and also my motherboard. My mouse and keyboard are on the same row of USB ports on the back, but my mouse is still the only thing continuing to work. Which bios settings to check?

2 minutes ago, MONIXMARU said:

usb legacy support needs to be enabled

I’ll try that. Still scratching my head as to why it works 80% of the time, and then stops automatically along with my internet, and only detects it when I restart. Hopefully this fixes it, thank you a bunch. 

you can always get back if it doesn't work, I'm here to help

1 minute ago, MONIXMARU said:

Will do. The main issue is that I can’t seem to replicate the issue so I’m left having it happen up to chance. I’ll keep you updated in the future 

11 hours ago, MONIXMARU said:

I just checked, and legacy support was already enabled in bios, yet it still shut off my peripherals and internet. 

• 4 months later...

Did you manage to fix this issue eventually? I am having exactly the same problem right now and just can't get my head around it.