My motherboard thinks that is some other motherboard

Divit37

I have a ab340 gaming rev1 from gigabyte,  last year I had updated the bios but I accidentally updated the bios of gigabytes ab350m gaming 3 , so now my motherboard thinks it's a ab350m idk what to do change that 

Divit_Report.png

AB350_Gaming_3.png

image.png

The one without the metal pci supports is my actual motherboard and the motherboard with the pci metal supports is what my motherboard thinks it is. Due to my big blunder while updating bios

Either flash it back to a AB340 BIOS or, (As long as it's working correctly) don't worry about it.

If you did that last year and it's not been a problem all along, rock on with it but you could just grab the newest "Correct" BIOS and flash that in too - Should make it read what it is correctly again.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

11 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Either flash it back to a AB340 BIOS or, (As long as it's working correctly) don't worry about it.

If you did that last year and it's not been a problem all along, rock on with it but you could just grab the newest "Correct" BIOS and flash that in too - Should make it read what it is correctly again.

I agree with the first part: let it ride.  I wouldn't update the bios to the correct one unless something is actually not functional. (But I come from the old school where it was actually risky to flash bios)

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

8 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

I agree with the first part: let it ride.  I wouldn't update the bios to the correct one unless something is actually not functional. (But I come from the old school where it was actually risky to flash bios)

I want rebar support for my arc gpu but the bios it's currently on is not supporting rebar

8 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I want to know that can I directly flash the latest bios for my actual motherboard 

I wonder how did you manage to flash wrong bios onto it. 

Mobo's pretty much tells you to F off if you try that 😄

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

2 hours ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

I wonder how did you manage to flash wrong bios onto it. 

Mobo's pretty much tells you to F off if you try that 😄

Idk may be because they are too similar 

15 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

So do I, that's why these days I use a programmer whenever possible.

7 hours ago, Divit37 said:

I want to know that can I directly flash the latest bios for my actual motherboard 

I don't see why not.
Just try it and see what happens but be sure to use the very lastest version for the board you have.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.