Big Cases are DEAD to me - Dan Case C4-SFX

AdamFromLTT

There are big, good cases that can fit tons of hardware like the Corsair 4000D. There are stylish cases like Lian Li O11 Dynamic. There are cases with great airflow like the Fractal Design Torrent. But it's hard to get all of those in a Small Form Factor of SFF case. DanCase has proven that you DON'T need to compromise on these features and that you can fit a high-end Intel or AMD CPU and even an Nvidia RTX 4090. I love this thing.

'It's so small' has never been so relatable to Linus

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Is it me or is the Audio slightly more to the right with this video? i have to pan it a little left to watch it..

If only the case was 2CM longer then it could have fit a "powercolor red devil 7900 XTX"

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, darknessblade said:

If only the case was 2CM longer then it could have fit a "powercolor red devil 7900 XTX"

You know what they say right?

"Beat it to fit, paint it to match"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

can i use an rtx 4090 gigabyte or not with deshrouding

What is the cost for running small form factor vs standard? Is is a lot more costly than to just build in a standard case? I'm thinking about planning a build in the future and a small form build is interesting. If this needs to be moved to different thread let me know long time view first time threader. 

Here is my current set up:

HP Z420 

E5-1620v0 4 cores 8 threads 3.6GHz base

32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz 8x4GB sticks

Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB

Radeon RX 590

Last year, I attempted to do a upgrade as I wanted to do a little more gaming and more CAD by purchasing a Dell Poweredge T320.  I also upgraded the pc:

4x16GB PC3L-12800R DDR3 1600 MHz

Intel Xeon E5-2470 v2 2.4GHz 10 core 20 threads

8 x 3 Tb EXOS 7E8 SAS Seagate Harddrives 24 TB with 6TB cold spare. 

The idea in 2022 was to have the Dell be the once computer to rule it all by installing a thin client and running a few different VMs for media server, NAS and Windows gaming PC. What I learned really fast was I had ZERO need for 30 TB and the PC runs HOT. Suck in HELL HOT. 

I've attempted to sell the PC but no luck. For now, I'm looking for input and ideas for a good next system. I use my pc to 3d design 3d printable parts, code projects in PHP with upcoming pi Python project coming up, VM linux to multi task, and game a little (Minecraft Vault hunters would be y go to game). Unsure if small form factor a good idea and if my GPU is still good or not. Last note, I'd like to rock a Super ultra wide as it makes software development a dream. 

Thanks for any input .

my Xproto-n build is smaller, I can fit it in the shoe size box it came in(fully built with 240ek AIO) and its meant to fit a 2slot(can be 3 if you buy the Xproto-L) 330mm gpu but my 6800 if 347mm picture for proof :   https://imgur.com/gallery/ZkRNmWM  

PS. almost all wiresless expect hdmi and power but still spent money on csgo cases so no BT keyboard 20230513_0250231.thumb.jpg.346e546a5c88bdb21e80e38a807f2e0c.jpg20230513_0249551.thumb.jpg.3c25a973ac390ce62ed71d5dc54eaee6.jpg 😢 

20 minutes ago, hard0milk03 said:

my Xproto-n build is smaller, I can fit it in the shoe size box it came in(fully built with 240ek AIO) and its meant to fit a 2slot(can be 3 if you buy the Xproto-L) 330mm gpu but my 6800 if 347mm picture for proof :   https://imgur.com/gallery/ZkRNmWM  

PS. almost all wiresless expect hdmi and power but still spent money on csgo cases so no BT keyboard  

I can't take any open air build seriously that people daily drive. Seems kinda cheating to say yours is "smaller"

Meh, I guess, looks like lots of compromises to me. As someone who has a HTPC or media PC attached to every TV in the house, that case wouldn't work. No room for HDs (2.5" drives don't count, I don't have a PC with less than 10 TB of storage in them), no room for an optical drive. I've used actually several different Silverstone cases for my HTPC builds over the years, as they have quite the selection of "smaller" cases that still allow reasonable sized components in them.

why linus loves small form factor pc...

they make him look huge!!!!

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Corsair 4000D? Big???

lol. Back in my day I could buy a case with 10 HDD trays. Now they have a small glass case you can screw 4 SSDs on the back and call that "big"

Cases these days suck

26 minutes ago, randy123 said:

Corsair 4000D? Big???

lol. Back in my day I could buy a case with 10 HDD trays. Now they have a small glass case you can screw 4 SSDs on the back and call that "big"

Cases these days suck

This is why I bought a Define 7 XL. It was the best thing around that would let me relive the glory days of the 750D and 900D without having to hunt down one of those cases.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Honestly, if I go micro or mini ATX, no way am I using a 3 fan card like that. That's an airflow nightmare in a small case like that. It's fun to try out if you got the time and the money... and the patience (which I do), but yeah no. That's why they make 2 fan cards that aren't nearly as thick either. 🙂 

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

17 hours ago, dhkatz said:

I can't take any open air build seriously that people daily drive. Seems kinda cheating to say yours is "smaller"

well say what you want but it is smaller isnt it? also they include one thats smaller with mesh panels  (xproto mini)

"Big PC Cases are DEAD to Me" said the guy with the server rack pc cases. Come on guys get your clickbait in check.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you meaning to tell me... BTX is back?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580