Dear MKBHD, You Tried Merch...

AdamFromLTT

The dig at the Apple's infamously shitty graphs was perfect 👌

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

this video has no relevancy with yesterday's one but 4th gen isn't that old. (2:46)

2023-04-25 23_18_43-Dear MKBHD - YouTube and 10 more pages - YLM - Microsoft Edge.png

Edited by ahuckphin
added timestamp

12 minutes ago, ahuckphin said:

this video has no relevancy with yesterday's one but 4th gen isn't that old. (2:46)

2023-04-25 23_18_43-Dear MKBHD - YouTube and 10 more pages - YLM - Microsoft Edge.png

It's says the man is old (and a 9 year old CPU prob counts as old anyway, although maybe not 'very' old)

After this we need the Linus Sandel's to be released and also have a Sandal's + Socks Combo .

A masterpiece.

Now where do I get the 2-5'1" + Sock combo

Sandals without removable side panels?! - Outrageous!

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

This might be an unpopular opinion, and I might have had a bad day that effected how I viewed this video, but I hated it. 

In years of watching LTT content, I can't think of a video that I've hated as much I have with this. 

Didn't find it funny, wasn't entertaining and added nothing to me as a viewer. 

4 minutes ago, ScoggsUK said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, and I might have had a bad day that effected how I viewed this video, but I hated it. 

In years of watching LTT content, I can't think of a video that I've hated as much I have with this. 

Why so serious?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Slow clap for this one guys!   well done.  would have been great as an April 1 vid but still top tier entertainment value.

I look forward to more creator knockoff vids.   Linus, how you feel about a GN wig and some blue set dressing or wearing some drywall stilts and fart jokes for some J2C....

2 hours ago, ScoggsUK said:

Cool, go watch something else.

19 hours ago, ScoggsUK said:

As someone who makes shoes for a living, I also hated it. I did think the humor was decent, the writing, and so on like usual, but I know South Korean factory-led design, gimmicky phrasing for common things, and monstrous markup when I see it. While this isn't exactly our vertical, I've seen countless of these companies spring up with good intentions & ideas, only to get wrecked by investors and cheap production over time. The real end game for these types of things is to get bought up by a bigger company so they can have one or two good ideas rolled into what they make.

That's why we own our factory (not in Asia!) and don't have "partner" factories like everyone else, many huge companies included. That said, I vowed to never make sandals, but I'll make some LTT collab shoes (closed sandals?) any day. 😁

Or, maybe I'm just jealous.

I still don't really have a solid opinion on this video....

I felt like I actually wanted to see a review, and I kinda felt jipped out of knowing anything about MKBHD's new merch.

On the other hand, it was an entertaining video and I did chuckle.

What happened to markbench?

Is the project still in progress or is it out and I don't know where to find it???

On 4/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, ScoggsUK said:

It was a joke, and it was funny.  

Nearly everything was made up, and in no way would anyone think it was real.  

(If you hated this, I'm curious what you thought of the lawnmower video)

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

It was a joke, and it was funny.  

Nearly everything was made up, and in no way would anyone think it was real.  

(If you hated this, I'm curious what you thought of the lawnmower video)

In my opinion it wasn't a funny joke, I'm allowed that opinion as much as your allowed yours. My funny is obviously not your funny. 

I know perfectly well it wasn't meant to be real, hence saying I didn't find it funny. 

To serve your curiosity, I really liked the lawnmower video, it offered at least a tiny amount of insight into some tech that I might consider purchasing down the line.