The Worst Product We’ve Tried in YEARS!

AlexTheGreatish

Id buy one just to completely redo all the tubing inside. My first build was in 2006 and had external Cooler Master Aquagate nightmare and i miss it

a very good idea, almost executed well.

5 things:

- fan speed control based on coolant temp

- pump control based on difference between intake and outlet temperature

- ITS HUGE ALREADY, GIVE IT A FREAKING LITER SIZED RESERVOIR.

- this really needs to be on it's own power supply for the sake of practicality.. have an accessory to power it off the PC instead of a wall wart for those who insist, but relying  on a 10 ft molex is just *dumb*.

- USB connection to communicate with the computer. i'm sure there is some off the shelf interface that lets this show up as "fan, pump, intake temp, outlet temp" sensors, and an (a)RGB controller.

past these nitpicks.. i like it.  the thing is, if you're asking 700 dollarydoos for something, nitpicks matter.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

fan speed control based on coolant temp

coolant temp is not directly proportional to cooling capacity. 
fans determine the cooling capacity, the coolant just transfers the energy. 
You would have to probe the radiator at ideally the hottest part.

2 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

coolant temp is not directly proportional to cooling capacity. 
fans determine the cooling capacity, the coolant just transfers the energy. 
You would have to probe the radiator at ideally the hottest part.

it isnt. but certain presumptions can be made about the necessary fan speed for the given coolant temperature. (i.e. if coolant is near ambient, fans can be near idle speed. put that on a very slow proportional regulator and you have a very simple fan curve that suits most usecases)

23 minutes ago, The Inappropriate Maker said:

Id buy one just to completely redo all the tubing inside. My first build was in 2006 and had external Cooler Master Aquagate nightmare and i miss it

I remember those external ones, The one you mounted to the top of the case, that was a glorified 120mm AIO. is quite popular with Hobbyist that use a CNC laser cutter. as it is a all in one neat package.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

LTT should do its own version using a MoRa... They are the DIY version of this and they just plain works

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

25 minutes ago, The Inappropriate Maker said:

I mean, just buy a MoRa?

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

5 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

I remember those external ones, The one you mounted to the top of the case, that was a glorified 120mm AIO. is quite popular with Hobbyist that use a CNC laser cutter. as it is a all in one neat package.

the aquagate was only a single 80mm fan, an aluminum rad, and a copper cpu waterblock. It corroded so badly but i just kept it going by cleaning it out constantly. lol

My case has those passthrough holes.

Ltt engineering team designing somethink in an afternoon is that a joke ? 

"I bet Alex and I could design a better this in, like, an afternoon."

You (debatably) did!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

"Hailing from Japan" ... Your team may have ordered this product from CoolingLab, a Japanese vendor, but Bykski is a Chinese company based in and operating out of China. If you take 20 seconds to find their company website, it clearly states "Dongguan Jiazixing Hardware Products Co., Ltd. was established in 2008, and it owns the computer water-cooling brand Bykski. The factory is located in Zhangmutou Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China." I expect better from LTT...

https://www.bykski.com/

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

My case has those passthrough holes.

Ltt engineering team designing somethink in an afternoon is that a joke ? 

nope.  This device is 80% of what they needed it to be.  

Alex and Linus could absolutely design a proper solution in an afternoon.  (Note:  Design does NOT mean fabricate.)

I still use a case with not only one but two sets of holes for external cooling. That was fun times back in there, especially the more exotic experiments with dripping water against airflow and the cooler solutions.

Kids, just remember when you go external cooling, keep eye on the case temperature. If you are going completely silent and sub-ambient, there will be condension and that will kill your rig. If you go balls to the walls either cover everything and do the "normal" safety things against condension, there's the competition OC videos with LN2 cooling where LTT and Jay go over this thing, or just leave the fans to the case and have plenty of airflow in the case to not let air condense inside.

Spoiler

This message comes from a guy who landed his first ever summer job by saying that the shipyard where his father worked was stupid to cool on-shore aggregate with seawater inside completely closed box and they could just add fans to get airflow in the box to drive at least some of that condensing moisture away.

New channel name:

"We build computers BADLY, so you don't have to."

Seriously, have you never tried to work with a water cooling system before? That amount of carelessness, mixed with electrical current, can kill.

And nothing screams "professional" youtuber, like plastic babies in your build.

Goddamn your videos never cease to amaze me with how shoddy they are.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Something doesn't add up. The productpage with pictures and schematics doesn't show that tube right above the pump that made problems...

Here is the Link to the radiator:

https://www.bykski.com/page133?product_id=5576

And here is the schematic:

spacer.png

There is no tube right above the pump...

Was it a mistake at the assembly in the factory or was it done by LTT before the video when testing the radiator?

I'm curious what the video was going to be about if you managed to fill the loop without issue? Did you have a concept that was scrapped because it wasn't working or was it always scripted to be about not being able to fill the loop? I'm sure you had something in mind when you ordered it.

I ask because it seemed like the video just ended after you managed to fill it and get it working and there wasn't really any objective or plan beyond that. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@AlexTheGreatish"This product we're reviewing is annoying and pointless, just like these plastic computer babies available now at LTTstore.com"

Can you make it happen?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm curious what the video was going to be about if you managed to fill the loop without issue? Did you have a concept that was scrapped because it wasn't working or was it always scripted to be about not being able to fill the loop? I'm sure you had something in mind when you ordered it.

I ask because it seemed like the video just ended after you managed to fill it and get it working and there wasn't really any objective or plan beyond that. 

Plan was to hoop up 3 super high powered systems to test their 2000W cooling claims, but the filling went so terribly and took so long we just gave up on that

Here is a video of someone who had made there own Radiator Tower

47 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Plan was to hoop up 3 super high powered systems to test their 2000W cooling claims, but the filling went so terribly and took so long we just gave up on that

I get that you have a ton of hardware laying around, but you don't need to build actual systems to do this.  Make a box with some threaded ports to attach 500W immersion heaters and there's your heat load test rig for watercooling.  Or you can get a point-of-use water heater that already has the tank attached to it.  I use one of these to make a water-heated oven that's driven by a D5 pump.  Everything scales linearly so if it's a delta T of 20C with 1500W then it'll be 10C at 750W...no need to build an actual 750W test.

And after about 5 minutes of the thing not priming itself I would have attached an external reservoir to it with some rotary couplers.  Also first filled it without a whole system attached, just the inlet and outlet looped on each other.  When you attached the whole system to it you create a giant airbubble worth of pressure that the pump had to try working against...which obviously didn't work.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

"We would have made it better than this"

You tried to before, and you rushed it, and it was arguably much worse as a result. At least none of the fittings or tubes leaked here.