Nintendo’s Lawyers are Ready This Time

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

2 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Theres two things that are ALWAYS ready: Nintendo laywers and inflation.

forgot about scalpers. Man 2021 was a dark time...

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

12 minutes ago, FAT64 said:

Surprised they couldn't find a site with WII games, given that LTT has a lot of emulation enthusiasts couldn't they just ask the staff etc??
Safe WII ROMs are notoriously available on popular emulation sites

The video would been so much more enjoyable if they played wii sport or a popular wii game

i think the point is they were playing pre relece leaks versions of the gaimes

19 minutes ago, FAT64 said:

Surprised they couldn't find a site with WII games, given that LTT has a lot of emulation enthusiasts couldn't they just ask the staff etc??
Safe WII ROMs are notoriously available on popular emulation sites
Can I post the link here?

1: it can be assumed that "off the shelf" roms arent compatible with this thing

2: they are available from all sorts of unexpected places, but advertising that (as a public figure, i.e. linustechtips) is a big no-no.

3: read the code of conduct, any talks about where to get pirated content (which is still what roms are) is not allowed.

i feel like this will eventually become a "leopards ate my face scenario".

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:32 AM, Arika S said:

i feel like this will eventually become a "leopards ate my face scenario".

How so?

10 hours ago, XNOR said:

How so?

Terms of Service for YT, since Nintendo would be very much in the right to nail LTT for it.

That said, The Wii was completely discontinued in 2017, so Nintendo would have a hard time claiming that this is damaging them. At worst the devkit might have been required to be returned to Nintendo or be destroyed and whoever decided not to, is the one that's legally in trouble for it. (It's been common to see things leak because the actual game developer went out of business and thus the devkit hardware just ends up in a box somewhere in the last employee who touched it's belongings.)

That Simpsons game came in in 2007 and was NOT developed by/at EA Canada. It was developed by Visceral (Redwood California) which shut down in 2017. So that game was developed and published BEFORE Dead Space.

So if I were think about how this devkit got into Linus's hands, what likely happened is that when they decided to not make any more Wii games in 2009, someone took it home. Alternative scenario, when EA decided to close the office, it sent all the devkits to EA Canada (which is what Visceral was merged into) and someone walked out of the office with it when it was heading to be recycled. Someone literately had to have known it was there to grab it.

And having seen how stuff gets "recycled" by big companies, that also opens a third possibility that the recycler figured out it was a devkit when they looked it up on eBay to see how much it was worth. Cause otherwise it was likely getting shredded.

19 hours ago, Kisai said:

Terms of Service for YT, since Nintendo would be very much in the right to nail LTT for it.

Which terms of service would be violated specifically?

Nintendo not wanting this in the hands of other people does not automatically make it illegal for other people to have it, or talk about it, or show it. I suspect LTT did its legal homework, and if Nintendo does decide to throw its weight around by some more bullying, the Streisand effect ensures it's a win regardless of any outcome.

Call that a dev setup?  Meh.  We've got the following at the Derby Computer Museum thanks to a generous donation!

The Dreamcast is a hack the donators did so that they could have a devbox for the platform.

20230422_125545.thumb.JPG.62aad7df16aac07254b3b48674fb49bc.JPG

20230422_142049.JPG

20230422_142053.JPG