H115i not doing so well

So I have a 7700k, the cooler though has always given me issues. Its not becuase its old. Since day one I have had really weird overheat blue screens when im watching Netflix or something low demand, gaming and stress tests are fine, I have changed the thermal paste, Im pretty sure theres no air in my pump. Idle it runs at 40-45 water temp, sometimes 50 after gaming, higher during, with about 23 degree ambient. Its been happening for so long, but very rarely and I'm just fed up with crashes now. Any reccomendations as to what it may be? It came with SP fans, i bought the fancy new (at the time) mag levs, that didnt do it.

I'm down to get a new air cooler, because I have never been impressed with this h115. 

That doesn't sound like a cooler problem to me...

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

4 minutes ago, OU812 said:

I have troubleshooted everything I know of, I ran out of ideas and lived with it, to me it seems like a bum cooler. Any ideas then?

Just now, Hinjima said:

I dont see how this is a cooler problem? Your temperatures are completely normal and fine.

Until it overheats at idle...

1 minute ago, TremblingSphincter said:

Until it overheats at idle...

You should also specify what temperature it reaches when it overheats.  You'd be surprised how many people think that 75c is too much.
Just get a NH-D15 or a decent air cooler.  If it keeps happening then its not your AIO ^^

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You should also specify what temperature it reaches when it overheats.  You'd be surprised how many people think that 75c is too much.

I mean it blue screens, it crashes, kaput. then i go to turn it on and it says "CPU temps too hot". Probably north of 100 because I push 98 cpu temps without crashes. High 90's is my throttling.

21 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Case problem? fans? drivers?

run a quick test with any  air cooler if you have one handy. Then you'll know for sure if your AIO is the culprit.

Just now, asheenlevrai said:

run a quick test with any  air cooler if you have one handy. Then you'll know for sure if your AIO is the culprit.

The problem is, I don't know how to recreate the problem. It just randomly happens. also I have the K variant of my cpu so no cooler came with it

4 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

Case problem? fans? drivers?

Dude, you have quoted me twice, if you think you got it figured out go buy an air cooler. I know nothing about your rig just that I know that it does not sound like a cooler issue. I'm not going to hold your hand to fix it. How can you say you have troubleshot it if you don't have a air cooler to test it?

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

16 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Just get a NH-D15 or a decent air cooler.  If it keeps happening then its not your AIO ^^

"or a decent air cooler"? I'm looking for recommendations to improve and im not going to waste 130 bucks on a d15 to "test" it to have similar to worse performance. Improve is the key. The d15 in terms of performance is the air version of the h115i. If im crashing on water, i'm definitely crashing on air in the case its not the cooler. 

1 minute ago, OU812 said:

Dude, you have quoted me twice, if you think you got it figured out go buy an air cooler. I know nothing about your rig just that I know that it does not sound like a cooler issue. I'm not going to hold your hand to fix it. How can you say you have troubleshot it if you don't have a air cooler to test it?

You could say something constructive. If it doesn't sound like a cooler issue, then what would you suggest it be?

Just now, TremblingSphincter said:

You could say something constructive. If it doesn't sound like a cooler issue, then what would you suggest it be?

Like if you have no input in the end, then just don't reply. I'm looking for suggestions not opinions.

You don't go into your trouble shooting, hell, you don't go into the system specs, need more info to help, could be bad ram, windows install bad, drivers, etc...

You'll figure it out, your a big boy. Sorry no one is agreeing with your take on the issue. Time to buy an air cooler of some type to test it.

My life doesn't revolve around you and your problem, sorry. Hope you figure out your issue.

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC:

37 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

I have troubleshooted everything I know of, I ran out of ideas and lived with it, to me it seems like a bum cooler. Any ideas then?

*Troubleshot

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC:

48 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

I'm down to get a new air cooler, because I have never been impressed with this h115. 

And I suggested a NH-D15.  If its what you think it is, and your H115 is acting up then a NH-D15 will give you more than enough cooling for your 7700k and you dont run into the problem os pump failure in the future. I had a my NH-D15 on a 9900k@5.1ghz np.   Can you run a stress test and feel the tubes going from the pump, are they getting warm?

38 minutes ago, OU812 said:

You don't go into your trouble shooting, hell, you don't go into the system specs, need more info to help, could be bad ram, windows install bad, drivers, etc...

You'll figure it out, your a big boy. Sorry no one is agreeing with your take on the issue. Time to buy an air cooler of some type to test it.

My life doesn't revolve around you and your problem, sorry. Hope you figure out your issue.

Well, thank you for an actual suggestion. I was just trying to get at the point that if you gave an opinion, as opposed to anything related to what i was looking for, you wasted both of our time when it would have been better off without a reply.

32 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

And I suggested a NH-D15.  If its what you think it is, and your H115 is acting up then a NH-D15 will give you more than enough cooling for your 7700k and you dont run into the problem os pump failure in the future. I had a my NH-D15 on a 9900k@5.1ghz np.   Can you run a stress test and feel the tubes going from the pump, are they getting warm?

I apologize, im hangry and now have food. 

But yes, the rad does give heat when im stressing it. I will be doing random light tasks and I don't notice any difference until it crashes so its hard to recreate and monitor what it might be. 

But I was going to go for the D15 when I originally built it, but the h115 *supposedly* had an edge over it. So if it is system related, im thinking i need something beefier, if that sounds like the proper solution. Otherwise I was thinking maybe I need some real fancy thermal paste? if that makes a big difference?

like i was having this issue since i built it but very occasionally. so earlier on i did wipe the system and reinstall up to date drivers, but that didnt seem to fix it.

18 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

Well, thank you for an actual suggestion. I was just trying to get at the point that if you gave an opinion, as opposed to anything related to what i was looking for, you wasted both of our time when it would have been better off without a reply.

Your the one wasting peoples time. Still don't see those trouble shooting steps or system specs. 😄

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC:

57 minutes ago, TechlessBro said:

Why do you think it’s heat related?

Netflix used GPU hardware decoding so what GPU do you have?

What’s the blue screen actually say, go and find the event logs from the reboots. Check the few minutes before as well. There are likely loads of warnings etc that repeat a lot so just ignore anything that also appears in previous hour.

Make and model of PSU and motherboard etc as they maybe unreliable.

In short if you want cooler suggestions just ask about a cooler and not crashing etc. most people here will 90% of the time tell you have a hardware or software issue as the most likely problem. They are trying to help you not waste money and help you learn some troubleshooting.

Well, it says "CPU too hot" for like 10 minutes each time I try to start it after it happens, sometimes longer, sometimes it just needs 1 minute. but its not necessarily just netflix, sometimes its loading a program or game, sometimes its a 3rd tab.

I cant seem to find the code, but its for sure some sort of generic "CPU Too Hot" i believe. 

what I dont understand is that no matter how much I stress test it, itll never blue screen from heat. only when im playing with GPU and cpu clocks. CPU clock is now some asus profile, 4.2... what is it GHz?

I have an strix rx480,

some gold efficiency semi modular 650 W evga PSU

MOBO is a strix z270-H

16 GBs from some trident z at 3600  theres 2 more sticks in the mail but was also happening with my slower Corsair LPX ram

5 minutes ago, OU812 said:

Your the one wasting peoples time. Still don't see those trouble shooting steps or system specs. 😄

I'm not asking for your help at this point

3 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

Well, it says "CPU too hot" for like 10 minutes each time I try to start it after it happens, sometimes longer, sometimes it just needs 1 minute. but its not necessarily just netflix, sometimes its loading a program or game, sometimes its a 3rd tab.

I cant seem to find the code, but its for sure some sort of generic "CPU Too Hot" i believe. 

what I dont understand is that no matter how much I stress test it, itll never blue screen from heat. only when im playing with GPU and cpu clocks. CPU clock is now some asus profile, 4.2... what is it GHz?

I have an strix rx480,

MOBO is a strix z270-H

Holy crap, some system specs.

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC:

3 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

I'm not asking for your help at this point

Here for the lolz now.

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC:

4 minutes ago, TremblingSphincter said:

I have an strix rx480,

MOBO is a strix z270-H

16 GBs from some trident z at 3600  theres 2 more sticks in the mail but was also happening with my slower Corsair LPX ram

So your running some clock speed profile in the BIOS from ASUS? Never had those work for me. Maybe a return to stock? Don't know if you have tried that, you haven't listed your trouble shooting.

Main Rig:

HTPC:

Retro Gamer PC: