Quest 2 screen tearing in the link menu

MmmySG

I've had my quest 2 for a while now without this issue. Only recently, I came back from an overseas trip which lasted about 2 weeks, my quest 2, connected via a link cable, suddenly has a ton of screen tearing after launching link. Almost looks as if there is a second monitor over the main display that is delayed or extra smooth. I've tried restarting the oculus service, restarting the headset, re plugging in and out my wire, and uncapping my bandwidth limit. 

Specs:
6700xt
5700G
32gb 3200

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing screen tearing issues with your Oculus Quest 2 after launching link. It seems like this issue is not uncommon among Oculus Quest 2 users. Some users have reported that restarting their Oculus Quest 2 or Oculus software, reconnecting the link cable, or changing their resolution settings have helped resolve this issue. You can also try checking your graphics card drivers and updating them if necessary. I hope this helps!

4 hours ago, MmmySG said:

I've had my quest 2 for a while now without this issue. Only recently, I came back from an overseas trip which lasted about 2 weeks, my quest 2, connected via a link cable, suddenly has a ton of screen tearing after launching link. Almost looks as if there is a second monitor over the main display that is delayed or extra smooth. I've tried restarting the oculus service, restarting the headset, re plugging in and out my wire, and uncapping my bandwidth limit. 

Specs:
6700xt
5700G
32gb 3200

I have an Asus G14, which runs an AMD Ryzen 9. I used to have issues with my quest and linking it, and installing the AMD driver software fixed it. I couldn't just update the drivers for the CPU and uninstall the software. This may be a solution, or may not, but I'd try it.

3 hours ago, ThatGuyJupe said:

I have an Asus G14, which runs an AMD Ryzen 9. I used to have issues with my quest and linking it, and installing the AMD driver software fixed it. I couldn't just update the drivers for the CPU and uninstall the software. This may be a solution, or may not, but I'd try it.

Hmm I'll try to check if my cpu can update because my gpu software version is 21.7.1 which is the last working version with steamVR.

8 hours ago, MmmySG said:

Specs:
6700xt
5700G
32gb 3200

I'll try to update my GPU driver but I'm currently using 21.7.1 which is the last version that worked with streamvr

8 minutes ago, MmmySG said:

I'll try to update my GPU driver but I'm currently using 21.7.1 which is the last version that worked with streamvr

Then you could try down grading it to a reliable version

31 minutes ago, ThatGuyJupe said:

Then you could try down grading it to a reliable version

Alright, Ill go search up some drivers that work well on VR, thanks!