Help with new motherboard

Budget (including currency): £120-160

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just gaming really 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a fair few peripherals so a good amount of usb slots would be great. I am looking at the Gigabyte Z590 GAMING X ATX but everywhere I go it is out of stock, it's kinda perfect for what I need as it has enough usb and on board wifi and a decent amount of storage expansion but was wonderinh about my other options

1 minute ago, Jivecrayfish said:

Budget (including currency): £120-160

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just gaming really 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a fair few peripherals so a good amount of usb slots would be great. I am looking at the Gigabyte Z590 GAMING X ATX but everywhere I go it is out of stock, it's kinda perfect for what I need as it has enough usb and on board wifi and a decent amount of storage expansion but was wonderinh about my other options

so your on 11th gen or looking for a 10th gen upgrade path then? 

also what cpu do you have so we have more to go on for what mobo you need

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I currently have a i7-10700 and would be looking to upgrade that in the future into something more powerful so something with a decent upgrade path would be good

35 minutes ago, Jivecrayfish said:

I currently have a i7-10700 and would be looking to upgrade that in the future into something more powerful so something with a decent upgrade path would be good

The VRM on B series motherboard on LGA1200 is decent enough in terms of upgrade path. How much USB devices do you wanna practically used at one time?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

To be fair on second count on the back I only have 4 on my current that that should be enough as I do have an hub