Gigabyte RTX 3090 Turbo or Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity

BejoBarokah
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,

Both are pretty meh, but AVOID that gigabyte card. Its AWFUL. Just get the Zotac card if you HAVE to chose between the two, but id look on Reddit Hardware swap or local Stuff as well for better cards.

Hey, i am planning to buy a new GPU, and the option are either Gigabyte RTX 3090 Turbo or Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity. The reason why i choose 3090 is because i need it for machine learning stuff and i need the 24GB VRAM. Other 3090 card are about 200-300 USD more expensive, so i'm not gonna pick them. The gigabyte card is about 100 USD cheaper, but it use blower fan on 3090, which makes me skeptical.

Honestly i don't really care about the noise. It is the temperature which got me worried, especially correllating with the card lifespan. If it's throttling but keep a low temp, then it's fine for me. What i would like to avoid is having the card running high temp for a long time when training and have the card broke in a few years. My case is Lancool 215 if that info is needed. Also if the blower fan broke, are there any replacement available? Or how should i fix it? Never had a blower card before.

FInally, which card should i choose? Thank you

2 minutes ago, BejoBarokah said:

Hey, i am planning to buy a new GPU, and the option are either Gigabyte RTX 3090 Turbo or Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity. The reason why i choose 3090 is because i need it for machine learning stuff and i need the 24GB VRAM. Other 3090 card are about 200-300 USD more expensive, so i'm not gonna pick them. The gigabyte card is about 100 USD cheaper, but it use blower fan on 3090, which makes me skeptical.

Honestly i don't really care about the noise. It is the temperature which got me worried, especially correllating with the card lifespan. If it's throttling but keep a low temp, then it's fine for me. What i would like to avoid is having the card running high temp for a long time when training and have the card broke in a few years. My case is Lancool 215 if that info is needed. Also if the blower fan broke, are there any replacement available? Or how should i fix it? Never had a blower card before.

go for the zotac since it has a better style cooler

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Oh, okay then. It also seems the Gigabyte Turbo is discontinued so i can't really find the official page too.

4 hours ago, BejoBarokah said:

The only reason to go for the Turbo model is if you're going to have more than 1 GPU, because blower style cards do not heat up as much when sitting close to one another like regular models do.

Otherwise, it's better to go for the zotac model.

Anyhow, remember to reduce the power limit of your GPU, you can save ~100W by only sacrificing 10% or less performance, so lower electricity bill and heat. My own 3090 is set to 275W instead of the stock 370W.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, igormp said:

The only reason to go for the Turbo model is if you're going to have more than 1 GPU, because blower style cards do not heat up as much when sitting close to one another like regular models do.

Otherwise, it's better to go for the zotac model.

Anyhow, remember to reduce the power limit of your GPU, you can save ~100W by only sacrificing 10% or less performance, so lower electricity bill and heat. My own 3090 is set to 275W instead of the stock 370W.

Ah thank for the tip. Although is it possible to underclock in linux? since i might do the machine learning stuff with linux. Well, if not then it's ok too

1 hour ago, BejoBarokah said:

Ah thank for the tip. Although is it possible to underclock in linux? since i might do the machine learning stuff with linux. Well, if not then it's ok too

Well, you can underclock, but not undervolt. Your best bet is to just mess with the power limits, way easier IMO (I also work with ML and only use linux, fwiw).

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
Lenovo N23 Yoga

7 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Both are pretty meh, but AVOID that gigabyte card. Its AWFUL. Just get the Zotac card if you HAVE to chose between the two, but id look on Reddit Hardware swap or local Stuff as well for better cards.

That model is actually AMAZING for what it was built for: having 2~4 GPUs sitting next to one another, that's the only reason it exists.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

4 hours ago, igormp said:

Well, you can underclock, but not undervolt. Your best bet is to just mess with the power limits, way easier IMO (I also work with ML and only use linux, fwiw).

Ah i see, thanks for the information