3060 vs 3060 ti

Pryme

which is more future proof? 3060 ti has better performance but the 3060 12gb has 12gb of vram. Also should i wait for the 4060? in case they don t fuck up the prices? i plan on only staying on 1080p, and no, i will not go with amd

2 minutes ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

but the 3060 12gb has 12gb of vram

Sitting on a smaller memory bus and with a worse GPU dies, so less cores and thus less performance. You can definitely look at VRAM and core clock overclocking but most 3060 AIB designs at logical price is decidedly low end so you wont get much beyond the turbo boost.

Also, specific why on no AMD here? Not a lot of new nvidia card deals make sense at these sub 300$ range makes any sense at all. But if youre willing to buy used, you can get a 2080 Super or 1080Ti for same price as 3060s but with so much more performance under the hood.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

which is more future proof? 3060 ti has better performance but the 3060 12gb has 12gb of vram. Also should i wait for the 4060? in case they don t fuck up the prices? i plan on only staying on 1080p, and no, i will not go with amd

well in 1080p the 8 GB of VRAM of the 3060Ti should be plenty for some more time so, choosing between the two i would go for the 3060Ti... but, its maybe a good idea to wait for the 4060 to be reviewed and see what it has to offer...

Sorry, there is no way that im not going to mention that the models from AMD in this segment are far better for gaming 😉

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Sitting on a smaller memory bus and with a worse GPU dies, so less cores and thus less performance. You can definitely look at VRAM and core clock overclocking but most 3060 AIB designs at logical price is decidedly low end so you wont get much beyond the turbo boost.

Also, specific why on no AMD here? Not a lot of new nvidia card deals make sense at these sub 300$ range makes any sense at all. But if youre willing to buy used, you can get a 2080 Super or 1080Ti for same price as 3060s but with so much more performance under the hood.

because i ve had amd in the past, a 5500, had a lot of problems with drives and graphical glitches, at first i thought i just got a bad gpu but then my friends with 6700 and 6800 have similar issues as mine, and also 300-400$ is a lot of money for where i live, so i d rather not flipcoin

3 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

well in 1080p the 8 GB of VRAM of the 3060Ti should be plenty for some more time so, choosing between the two i would go for the 3060Ti... but, its maybe a good idea to wait for the 4060 to be reviewed and see what it has to offer...

Sorry, there is no way that im not going to mention that the models from AMD in this segment are far better for gaming 😉

so you think with 8gb vram i could go 3 4 more years without a problem at 1080p?

22 minutes ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

so you think with 8gb vram i could go 3 4 more years without a problem at 1080p?

1080p its fine but anything above that dont bother

Prefer a used 1080ti or 2080ti if you are stuck to nvidia, used 6700xt crushes them both at the same price but no amd (by extension no bitches /j)

55 minutes ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

I have a 3060Ti myself and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Even with maxed RT settings in Fortnite, I can get like 40FPS, in some scenes even close to 55FPS without DLSS (at 1080p). I only managed to max out my 8GB of VRAM in Minecraft with the SEUS PTGI HRR 3 shader and a 512x texture pack, resulting in 2FPS whenever I set the render distance to more than 4 chunks because it starts swapping into the MUCH slower system memory (mine's only running at 2400MT/s xD )

Edited by DreamCat04

20 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

Even with maxed RT settings in Fortnite, I can get like 40FPS

Fortnite sightseeing player. Respect.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Fortnite sightseeing player. Respect.

I mostly use RT for the beginning when collecting equipment & mats, but during the battle phase, I turn it off, then I get around 90-100FPS on all epic settings with all settings that have to do with RT off

3 hours ago, Lonewolf6869 said:

I would have said yes, but I just watched the video of Hardware Unboxed about The Last Of Us part 1 where 8gigs of VRAM is not enough at 1080p, so I guess there are some games where 8 gigs are not enough... That's why I like the AMD card rn, because the provide you with a reasonable amount of VRAM...

3 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

I mostly use RT for the beginning when collecting equipment & mats, but during the battle phase, I turn it off, then I get around 90-100FPS on all epic settings with all settings that have to do with RT off

Man i hotdrop, whats a collecting phase? spiderman-j-jonah-jameson.gif.80c00821ce406f9ae7436ec603235160.gif

Im either shat on by a mobile crossplay eternally crouching with a heavy sniper or i go home with double digit elims and atleast a top 15 finishes. Not much inbetween.

The 3060 isn't even past-proof, let alone future-proof. It arrived already obsolete. If you so much wanna stay on Team Greed, just get a GTX 1080Ti for $150-170 and call it a day. Absolutely more than enough for 1080p. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

20 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

The 3060 isn't even past-proof, let alone future-proof. It arrived already obsolete. If you so much wanna stay on Team Greed, just get a GTX 1080Ti for $150-170 and call it a day. Absolutely more than enough for 1080p. 

tbh i would go intel if they re frame rates would not be everywhere, hopefully next gen will get better, if not i ll just get the 3060 ti. it s really not about me wanting nvidia just because i like nvidia, i just told you, i had amd in the past and i just don t trust them with my money, i want something that just works, i don t want to be scared every time i update the drivers that this one might be unstable, like for real now, even my friends that are on amd say their next gpu it s either nvidia or intel so yeah. 1080ti does look good but it lacks some futures i really want, such as the new Nvidia real time upscale for videos, dlss.

Again, i m not saying amd is bad, i m just saying i had bad experiences with them and i just don t wanna try them again 

but i do agree that what nvidia is doing with the price to performance, it s not good and should change