Ssd won’t show in bootable drives

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
44 minutes ago, Pierf said:

7800mhz default cap clocked at 5600mhz due to instability

ASUS only says that board can go up to 7200+, so unless you manage to get an absolute god tier CPU from the Silicon lottery I wouldn't expect anything more than 6800MT/s to work at all. 

1 minute ago, Pierf said:

Never mind it says something different but I don’t understand this I feel a bit slow now that I read this but this part is usually “which drive do you want to install windows to”

I’m downloading a custom version of windows 11 pro and it says “select the driver to install” but they’re not showing up(dk I’d it’s still a problem or not but my drive still isn’t showing in the drives thought)

B99CA891-F502-4F90-87C2-A31584D4D71D.jpeg

Hit the back button, that screen isn't supposed to show up. It's asking for some type of device driver that it wants loaded up on the installation media, and without knowing what custom Win11 version you're trying to know we have no idea which driver you have to load, or even if it's a good idea to try to install it in the first place. 

Having problems downloading windows 11 my ssd isn’t showing up in the bootable section of the bios but I know it’s working because it’s showing up in intel rapid storage technology it detects the usb with the download media and when I get to the part where I have to pick my drive it’s not there

if details on how this happened or what I’ve tried are needed lmk but I’ve been trying to download windows for 3 days now with no luck(the storage device works I plugged it into my laptop using an m.2 to usb)

pc specs 

CPU-Core i9-13900kf

Ram-Trident z5 F5-7600J3646Gx2-TZ5RK(7800mhz default cap clocked at 5600mhz due to instability)

Motherboard-ASUS prime Z790 wifi

Gpu- gigabyte rtx 2070 super 3x oc edition

Storage-Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb

Do you have windows install on this computer? With the UEFI boot system, you need a OS on a drive before it shows up as bootable.

No but it should show up as an option to download onto no? I’ll show a picture in a second 

Never mind it says something different but I don’t understand this I feel a bit slow now that I read this but this part is usually “which drive do you want to install windows to”

I’m downloading a custom version of windows 11 pro and it says “select the driver to install” but they’re not showing up(dk I’d it’s still a problem or not but my drive still isn’t showing in the drives thought)

Where can I get the drivers it’s asking for?

44 minutes ago, Pierf said:

7800mhz default cap clocked at 5600mhz due to instability

ASUS only says that board can go up to 7200+, so unless you manage to get an absolute god tier CPU from the Silicon lottery I wouldn't expect anything more than 6800MT/s to work at all. 

1 minute ago, Pierf said:

Hit the back button, that screen isn't supposed to show up. It's asking for some type of device driver that it wants loaded up on the installation media, and without knowing what custom Win11 version you're trying to know we have no idea which driver you have to load, or even if it's a good idea to try to install it in the first place. 

I figured it out but the install for the drivers were removed from the website and changed to setupRST

so the guides don’t work does anyone know how to get the drivers for intel vdm and install them for the windows/in the windows installation using this?

My problem isn’t resolved yet so I didn’t mean to press the solution button but those are the drivers I need to install and it’s even saying the same thing for the normal install of windows 11 pro

(The one I was referring to earlier is just a debloated version of windows 11 with things like Cortana removed that I don’t use so it’s windows 11 pro with less things)

image.thumb.jpg.98f6981decb468db64a9eab6c38a72f1.jpgI disabled vdm and now my drive is showing but it’s saying “we couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one for more information see the setup log files”

Ngl this didn’t have to be so difficult I don’t understand why vdm is on by default if it causes all this