My webcam driver is gone any help on how to return it back?

Jessetherob

Good day everyone, a couple of weeks ago, I had a Trojan virus on my laptop which I successfully removed. However, in the process, my webcam driver was also removed I believe it must have of somehow removed it. I have tried various methods to download the driver online but none of them seem to work,I was also thinking of reseting my windows 10 but I don't wanna lose my data which i find it highly unlikely it will bring the driver back anyway,the model ID is samsung np300e5c,if anyone has the same issue and resolved it I would appreciate it.

Back up your data (if you're 99% sure you got rid of the virus) and reformat/reinstall windows.

How did you realize you had a virus, and how did you "successfully remove" it?

1 hour ago, Jessetherob said:

was also thinking of reseting my windows 10 but I don't wanna lose my data w

You can Reset Windows Keeping Files, this will just restore any missing Windows Files but will leave your Files and Apps alone. If you are certain you got rid of the Virus. 

You can download the Camera driver from the Samsung Download site https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0052401&modelCode=NP300E5C-A06US

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )

17 hours ago, NinJake said:

Back up your data (if you're 99% sure you got rid of the virus) and reformat/reinstall windows.

How did you realize you had a virus, and how did you "successfully remove" it?

I attempted to download a pre-activated version of Vegas Pro from a website that appeared suspicious. Despite my initial doubts, I proceeded with the download and opened the file. Immediately, Windows Defender notified me that the file was a severe Trojan. After hours of effort, I was able to remove it using Windows Defender’s offline scan. I want to warn others about this website and my experience.

Edited by Spotty
removed piracy link

There is always a chance of downloading a Virus when you are downloading Pirated Software.

If you want Sony Vegas, then download and pay for  it from their web site https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?id=350&_oC=purchase&L=52&AffiliateID=147&phash=9AEBDNMCLOZchLqc&ef_id=8bb4ccece0741109259da8c829fec5e2%3AG%3As

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )