Budget wifi 6 Router.

xven

So i am living in Montreal in a two story condo about ( 600sf each floor ). My Router is on the main floor while my office is on the second floor. I am using a wifi adapter ( https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08QXD7FTV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ). I am with viring mobile for my internet and i am using a Valerie router from them with a 300mb connection. Should i upgrade to a wifi 6 router and if so what should i get ? trying to find something that is not too expensive.

25 minutes ago, xven said:

So i am living in Montreal in a two story condo about ( 600sf each floor ). My Router is on the main floor while my office is on the second floor. I am using a wifi adapter ( https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08QXD7FTV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ). I am with viring mobile for my internet and i am using a Valerie router from them with a 300mb connection. Should i upgrade to a wifi 6 router and if so what should i get ? trying to find something that is not too expensive.

Yes, upgrading to a wifi 6 router would be a good idea as it provides better coverage and faster speeds. I found some budget-friendly options that you can consider:

• ASUS RT-AC67P
  • TP-Link Archer AX55
  • ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)

These routers are suitable for a two-story condo and provide good coverage. You can check out their features and prices to see which one suits your needs best. I hope this helps!

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

1 hour ago, FI Fheonix said:

Yes, upgrading to a wifi 6 router would be a good idea as it provides better coverage and faster speeds. I found some budget-friendly options that you can consider:

• ASUS RT-AC67P
  • TP-Link Archer AX55
  • ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000)

These routers are suitable for a two-story condo and provide good coverage. You can check out their features and prices to see which one suits your needs best. I hope this helps!

• TP-Link Archer AX55 has very good reviews, i might go for that asap.

1 minute ago, xven said:
  • TP-Link Archer AX55 has very good reviews, i might go for that asap.

There you go.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

If your current wifi is wifi 4 (802.11n), then you will absolutely benefit from wifi 6 (802.11ax).

If your current wifi is wifi 5 (802.11ac), then dont expect much gains, even if using 5GHz:

"The bottom line is until Wi-Fi 6 / 802.11ax clients reach critical mass, the benefits of 11ax are minimal and will have low impact." [Cisco] The key reason why: Wi-Fi 6 was designed from the ground up to provide speed improvements (HE: High Efficiency) to a group of Wi-Fi 6 clients as a whole, NOT an individual Wi-Fi 6 client!

But what about peak speed to ONE user: Please note that 'peak' speed (one user using the entire channel at distance) changes very little (around 11% improvement over 802.11ac). So, if you are looking for much higher Mbps download speeds (benefiting just one user), 802.11ax is not the solution (eg: PHY speed at 256-QAM 3/4 in 802.11ac of 780 Mbps changes to 864 Mbps in 802.11ax). Instead, find a way to increase the MIMO level (or channel width) of the one user.

What to look for in a Router: Virtually all wifi devices (laptops / tablets / smartphones / smart tv's / etc) today are STILL only 2x2 MIMO (at best; some are even still at 1×1). And THAT limits the speed at which those devices will connect to any AP/router (not the max speed of the router).

Source: https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html#wifi6

I can't tell what kind of MIMO antenna count your USB 3 wifi 6 adaptor has - It could be 2x2 or 1x1 since it doesn't say, and in that case your adapter could be the limiting factor.