Router goes blank when specific device is connected.

ZoneKnud

Hi.
I work at a Danish company that designs and manufactures big sailing yachts. The marine navigation equipment we use is brand B&G. Their equipment runs on ethernet.
The setup we have looks like this:

Pic_4.png

Where the Halo 24 is a D-link LTE router, the NEP-2 is an ethernet switch and the ZEUS is a touchscreen.
The problem is that, when we connect the Sonarhub to the network, the router becomes unresponsive and all traffic is dropped.
When flashed with OpenWRT, the problem goes away. Other routers with original firmware have the same behavior.

The reason why we use the D-link router is that B&G's own router is going out of production. https://www.bandg.com/en-gb/bg/type/connected-vessel/gofree-wifi1-wireless-module/
How can I figure out what is causing this problem?
And if one of you already knows what could be the problem, how can I fix it?

BR and thank you in advance 🙂

is the sonarhub running a dhcp server on original firmware?
having two conflicting dhcp servers wouldn't necessarily take down the net but it could put devices on the wrong net and orphan them. 

is the lte router running nat? or is it handing out public IPs? if it's handing out publics I could see the sonar hub cauing a broadcast storm real quick if it's misconfigured with a dhcp server or a incorrect gateway or something.

if all else, I'd replace the ends for that ethernet run, you could possibly have a flapping port issue due to a poor connection and openwrt just negotiates a lower speed to mask it.
I'd actually do that first tbh.

31 minutes ago, ZoneKnud said:

Hi.
I work at a Danish company that designs and manufactures big sailing yachts. The marine navigation equipment we use is brand B&G. Their equipment runs on ethernet.
The setup we have looks like this:

Pic_4.png

Where the Halo 24 is a D-link LTE router, the NEP-2 is an ethernet switch and the ZEUS is a touchscreen.
The problem is that, when we connect the Sonarhub to the network, the router becomes unresponsive and all traffic is dropped.
When flashed with OpenWRT, the problem goes away. Other routers with original firmware have the same behavior.

The reason why we use the D-link router is that B&G's own router is going out of production. https://www.bandg.com/en-gb/bg/type/connected-vessel/gofree-wifi1-wireless-module/
How can I figure out what is causing this problem?
And if one of you already knows what could be the problem, how can I fix it?

BR and thank you in advance 🙂

It seems that there is a compatibility issue between Sonarhub and D-link LTE router. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any information about how to fix this issue. However, you can try contacting B&G support team to see if they have any suggestions or solutions for this problem. You can also try using other routers that are compatible with Sonarhub such as Simrad or Lowrance12.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

2 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

is the sonarhub running a dhcp server on original firmware?
having two conflicting dhcp servers wouldn't necessarily take down the net but it could put devices on the wrong net and orphan them.

is the lte router running nat? or is it handing out public IPs? if it's handing out publics I could see the sonar hub cauing a broadcast storm real quick if it's misconfigured with a dhcp server or a incorrect gateway or something.

if all else, I'd replace the ends for that ethernet run, you could possibly have a flapping port issue due to a poor connection and openwrt just negotiates a lower speed to mask it.
I'd actually do that first tbh.

The router is a DHCP server and Sonarhub is client. I don't think it is the cable, since we have other boats with the same problem.