Nvidia GTX 760M driver issues (error code 43) on Acer Aspire V3-722G-9822

EisigerWurfel
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,

It's dead.

The "basic" driver is non-accelerated, which doesn't push the GPU hard, so it'll behave. The moment it tried to hit hardware acceleration from the driver, it fails.  

I was given this laptop when it had Windows 10 installed, but no drivers. I updated all the drivers using Snappy Driver Installer, but the GPU refused to work. The driver installed successfully, but I kept getting an error code 43 in Device Manager. I tried older driver versions as well. I even installed Windows 8.1 to see if that would fix anything but nothing helped. 

My specs are:

• Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • BIOS is Insyde Corp version 1.15
  • Intel Core i7-4702MQ
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 760M
  • 12 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500 GB Lexar SSD

I have reason to believe that the GPU may not be dead since somehow Windows 10 managed to install some kind of 'Basic' driver that allowed the GPU to 'run' and GPU-Z started showing values in the clock speed fields. It then promptly stopped working after I tried installing the proper driver.

Issue.jpg

It's dead.

The "basic" driver is non-accelerated, which doesn't push the GPU hard, so it'll behave. The moment it tried to hit hardware acceleration from the driver, it fails.  

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

36 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's dead.

Agreed, have experienced this error twice; no matter the OS, BIOS, motherboard/cpu/ram combo it would not work.

Especially mobile GPUs are more prone to it due mostly to the thermal envelope

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's dead.

That really sucks to hear. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I am going to go and scream in my pillow or something now.