Help with AIO for 13900k

Ratan Servegar

Hi,

I need some help deciding which AIO to get for to cool the 13900K, I was initially planning on getting the Lian Li Galahad 360 with UniFan since I have Lian Fans and will have their software running anyways, but I am a little concerned if this AIO can keep the CPU cool, there are mixed reviews for the Galahad having trouble cooling the 12900k, thoughts, suggestions? 

12900k and 13900k are hot buggers.
The Lian Li is a good AIO.  You're not going to find too much better out there.

It may be warmer than some people like, but it will cool the CPU fine. 

Thanks @tkitch, do you know if the new UnfiFan edition galahads are more reliable then the previous revisions? 

What about the iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler? better than the Lian Li?

What case do you have?

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

1 minute ago, Bob__ said:

What case do you have?

I have the Lian Li o11 XL

8 minutes ago, Ratan Servegar said:

Thanks @tkitch, do you know if the new UnfiFan edition galahads are more reliable then the previous revisions? 

What about the iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler? better than the Lian Li?

The 3 AIO's I'd put at the top are Arctic, Lian Li, and EKWB.

The Lian Li are plenty reliable.  I wouldn't expect an issue with it.  (I recently build my cousin a PC with a 240mm Lian Li.)

You have a massive case you might be able to hack up 2 AIO's to make a loop with 2 360mm rads and the i9-13900K should be good.

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

12 minutes ago, Bob__ said:

You have a massive case you might be able to hack up 2 AIO's to make a loop with 2 360mm rads and the i9-13900K should be good.

Reminds me of the previous attempt as a custom waterblock+CPU block AIO that I think EKWB tried a few years ago.

38 minutes ago, Ratan Servegar said:

Hi,

I need some help deciding which AIO to get for to cool the 13900K, I was initially planning on getting the Lian Li Galahad 360 with UniFan since I have Lian Fans and will have their software running anyways, but I am a little concerned if this AIO can keep the CPU cool, there are mixed reviews for the Galahad having trouble cooling the 12900k, thoughts, suggestions? 

I personally like EKWB's elite AIO, super clean, doesn't require SATA, has only a 4pin header and ARGB header to manage, comes with 4-6 fans depending on which model you get. The elite supposedly has a higher performance pump over the regular RGB model, comes with more fans, and a dumb fan+RGB splitter (which I didn't use for the 280mm version I got).

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, Bob__ said:

Don’t want to get into DIY/hacky stuff. Want a stable system since it will be the only one I will have and need it for work too 

1 hour ago, Agall said:

Reminds me of the previous attempt as a custom waterblock+CPU block AIO that I think EKWB tried a few years ago.

I personally like EKWB's elite AIO, super clean, doesn't require SATA, has only a 4pin header and ARGB header to manage, comes with 4-6 fans depending on which model you get. The elite supposedly has a higher performance pump over the regular RGB model, comes with more fans, and a dumb fan+RGB splitter (which I didn't use for the 280mm version I got).

EK service is pretty non existent in my country/region from what I can tell 

4 minutes ago, Ratan Servegar said:

EK service is pretty non existent in my country/region from what I can tell 

Nice part about that EKWB AIO in my opinion is it either works or doesn't. Don't have to deal with software for RGB, just configure the pump curve via the 4pin and hook up the ARGB to your motherboard. It also has its own sealed fill port so in the future if you need to top it off, you can.

28 minutes ago, Agall said:

Nice part about that EKWB AIO in my opinion is it either works or doesn't. Don't have to deal with software for RGB, just configure the pump curve via the 4pin and hook up the ARGB to your motherboard. It also has its own sealed fill port so in the future if you need to top it off, you can.

Okay I will check if the EK AIO is available in my region. I was leaning towards Lian li because I have UniFans and it comes with a controller and also the software, so was hoping i could run everything in one software suite instead of having multiple different softwares.

39 minutes ago, Ratan Servegar said:

Okay I will check if the EK AIO is available in my region. I was leaning towards Lian li because I have UniFans and it comes with a controller and also the software, so was hoping i could run everything in one software suite instead of having multiple different softwares.

I'm glad to be in a scenario where the only RGB software I need on my system is Gigabyte's RGB Fusion, which I never have to open or mess with. My GPU and mobo are Gigabyte, then the EKWB fans I use just use the mobo's aRGB headers that just have the same 'static red' or 'off' setting.

Galahad and the EK that @Agallmentioned are practically identical in terms of performance, so just get the Lian.

If you don't want lots of software, use one of the 3rd party options. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

10 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Galahad and the EK that @Agallmentioned are practically identical in terms of performance, so just get the Lian.

If you don't want lots of software, use one of the 3rd party options. 

Yep, spoke to another forum user who uses the Galahad with positive outlook. So will go ahead and get the Galahad.