Upgrading a Ryzen 5600x to 5800x3D worth it in the near future?

Hey guys, 

So I'm having some upgrade thoughts. I'm considering eventually upgrading my Ryzen 5600x to a 5800x3d, but I'm not sure if the gains are enough and worth or I just should spend my hard earned cash somewhere else. I usually either game at 1440p-164hz or 4k60 and in some cases in VR, but I do tend to play some CPU heavy games... 

It's definitely not an urgent upgrade as everything I've been playing are way up to playbable levels, but I do feel that some kinks like the occasional hiccups in Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk or MS Flight Simulator could be ironed out with such upgrade. But maybe next year or such I could thinking about it. Definitely not a new system as changing the board and memory would be a huge pain and not worth it in the next years in my opinion...

What is your opinion? Is it a worthy upgrade or I should just spend it on a trip somewhere to get my lazy ass of the computer screen haha. Additionally would the cpu cooling system I currently have (Artic Cooling Freezer 34 e-sports DUO) be enough to tame the 5800x3d? My auto-OC 5600x is well tamed for now)...

My current system is:

• CPU: Ryzen 5600x w/ auto OC | Cooling: Artic Cooling Freezer 34 e-sports DUO
  • RAM: 32 Gb 3600 mhz CL16
  • GPU: RTX 4070 ti
  • MOBO: MSI B550M Mortar 
  • PSU: Corsair RM 750 Gold
  • Storage: 2.2 Tb (two 500gb Nvme; one 256 sata ssd; one 1 td sata ssd)
  • Monitor: Primary - 1440p 164 hz | Secondary/tv -  4k60 LG OLED
  • VR: Oculus Quest 2

I usually either play single player games, mainly either action-adventure or RPG (like Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk 2077, Sea of Thieves, which I usually try to play on the OLED TV); simulators in VR (Flight Simulator, Eurotruck Simulator 2), racing games in VR (F1 22, Project Cars 2),  builders and strategy games (Cities Skylines, Planet Zoo, Anno 1800), co-op survival games with base building (sons of the forest, Valheim, Green Hell) and finally some VR-only titles like HL: Alyx or Beat Saber.

Cheers y'all and thanks for the help

I have a similar system, though less RAM and a RTX 4080, with a 4K 144Hz monitor. I don't want to build a new PC because it means changing my mobo and rebuying Windows. Have the money to upgrade to 5800x3D and 32GB RAM, but honestly, I'm not struggling to get 90+ frames at 4K with the RTX 4080.

You can look at YouTube videos comparing the two CPUs in games. At higher resolutions, the difference likely isn't huge across most games. I have decided not to bother for now. BUT, from a quick search it seems the difference is much bigger for simulator games like Flight Simulator. So you may well find it worth it, if you really won't want to build a fully new PC core in the next 2 years.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life