USB-C powered "gaming" laptop from 50W battery pack?

Edit: Found the perfect one, thanks!

Hi, I'm looking for a laptop with decent GPU that can be either charged or prolonged by a 50W battery pack (I have 6 of "Xiaomi MI 50W Power Bank 2000, 20000mah" that I've bought for this purpose)

Does that exist?

And if so, would it be enough power to avoid too much throttling? As there might be no point to buy a nice GPU if the non-adapter-mode throttles it down to discreet-level anyway.

I currently have a Xiaomi Redmi 15" laptop that can be charged from them, but it's not powerful enough for my purpose (to preview my video footage stutter-free when I'm out filming) and unfortunately the USB-C charger port just died recently (the laptop worked while the battery lasted, but now it just refuses to charge any more no matter what charger)

(The videos I need to preview are from 4k to 6k, h265, so quite demanding)

Some ASUS laptops says "In addition to the standard charger, you can use a compact version with a USB-C connector and a power of up to 100 W", but it only mentions max power, not minimum power, so I'm not sure if it would react much/anything to 50W

15 minutes ago, Niber said:

Hi, I'm looking for a laptop with decent GPU that can be either charged or prolonged by a 50W battery pack (I have 6 of "Xiaomi MI 50W Power Bank 2000, 20000mah" that I've bought for this purpose)

Does that exist?

And if so, would it be enough power to avoid too much throttling? As there might be no point to buy a nice GPU if the non-adapter-mode throttles it down to discreet-level anyway.

I currently have a Xiaomi Redmi 15" laptop that can be charged from them, but it's not powerful enough for my purpose (to preview my video footage stutter-free when I'm out filming) and unfortunately the USB-C charger port just died recently (the laptop worked while the battery lasted, but now it just refuses to charge any more no matter what charger)

(The videos I need to preview are from 4k to 6k, h265, so quite demanding)

Some ASUS laptops says "In addition to the standard charger, you can use a compact version with a USB-C connector and a power of up to 100 W", but it only mentions max power, not minimum power, so I'm not sure if it would react much/anything to 50W

I don't think even 100w is enough if you are using it's GPU heavily, especially if paired with good screen. Trickle charge maybe at 100w.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

A MacBook Air with an M2, maybe? These machines use little power and the CPU has hardware acceleration for video decode. It comes with a 30/35W charger, so a battery pack rated for up to 50W should be enough.

For more power you could consider a MacBook Pro, the smallest 14" model comes with a 67W charger, so I would hope 50W external power should be able to sustain it for some time.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I don't think even 100w is enough if you are using it's GPU heavily, especially if paired with good screen. Trickle charge maybe at 100w.

Ouch, maybe my idea isn't possible. Such a shame that Tesla's don't have a regular power-socket that would have meant I wouldn't have to care about USB-C charging at all.

2 minutes ago, Niber said:

Ouch, maybe my idea isn't possible. Such a shame that Tesla's don't have a regular power-socket that would have meant I wouldn't have to care about USB-C charging at all.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/how-to-power-charge-your-laptop-in-a-tesla-using-usb-c-power.183176/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/charging-my-laptop.286700/

Maybe those'll help. Keep in mind I don't know whether it'll work for you, I don't own a Tesla. And idk if there's a 100w version of the dc-dc adapter.

You can also just buy a powerbank designed for laptop use.

It will also help people here to give you more informed answers and/or solution if you give info about the laptop you are planning to buy, and your use-case scenario that required you to use 6 powerbanks.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/how-to-power-charge-your-laptop-in-a-tesla-using-usb-c-power.183176/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/charging-my-laptop.286700/

Maybe those'll help. Keep in mind I don't know whether it'll work for you, I don't own a Tesla. And idk if there's a 100w version of the dc-dc adapter.

You can also just buy a powerbank designed for laptop use.

It will also help people here to give you more informed answers and/or solution if you give info about the laptop you are planning to buy, and your use-case scenario that required you to use 6 powerbanks.

Interesting idea, I haven't really thought about the Tesla much since ideally I wanted a solution that would work without the Tesla, and besides I thought it can't do more than 15w in their usbs anyway, 

but this idea of using a 100w 12v adapter for the Tesla might be the solution. thx

53 minutes ago, Niber said:

Interesting idea, I haven't really thought about the Tesla much since ideally I wanted a solution that would work without the Tesla, and besides I thought it can't do more than 15w in their usbs anyway, 

but this idea of using a 100w 12v adapter for the Tesla might be the solution. thx

Just ask Tesla themselves for the USB port specification, just in case there was a "ninja" revision since that forum post and now.

Refresh before you reply