Massive PC Downgrade

8tg

Long story short part of the plan I’ve put in place to absolutely kick ass at everything I do involves two major tech steps:

1) downgrade phone to a basic phone so I don’t get myself stuck in media addiction loops

2) downgrade pc to the most basic of PCs so I can’t do anything other than basic office tasks and email

With that being said, my goal here is basically limitless budget for the end result. What I intend to buy is one of the Boox Mira eink monitors and run this off of some basic mini pc with windows 10.

I need to know, what mini pc?

Ideally I need USB type C displayport output. No other factors on performance are important at all. The smaller the better, passively cooled is better, SD card reader is a bonus but not required.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

Long story short part of the plan I’ve put in place to absolutely kick ass at everything I do involves two major tech steps:

1) downgrade phone to a basic phone so I don’t get myself stuck in media addiction loops

2) downgrade pc to the most basic of PCs so I can’t do anything other than basic office tasks and email

With that being said, my goal here is basically limitless budget for the end result. What I intend to buy is one of the Boox Mira eink monitors and run this off of some basic mini pc with windows 10.

I need to know, what mini pc?

Ideally I need USB type C displayport output. No other factors on performance are important at all. The smaller the better, passively cooled is better, SD card reader is a bonus but not required.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

if your looking for a basic mini pc check out this from minisforum (if your in us, any of the pcs below)

image.thumb.png.65d11e19420d357e8331dd1a52c1fa4a.png

image.thumb.png.45545a5627e983823fb1c1f50b4c3549.png

image.thumb.png.cc599070e9f46000894c09c24fb19f72.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)