Too good of a deal?

Tonka137

Hi. I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on what I found on Ebay. I am currently looking to upgrade my gpu from 1660 to something a bit beefer. When I found some RTX 2080ti cards ranging from the founders editions to some very good refrence cards priced between $300 and $500. Are those good deals or too good to be true and should I avoid them?

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Do you /need/ to run NVidia for any specific reason? 

The system I am using is my first pc and I have had very good use out of this Nvidia card, so might as well stick with Nvidia until I can find a Radeon card. That someone is not inflating on ebay.

4 minutes ago, Tonka137 said:

Hi. I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on what I found on Ebay. I am currently looking to upgrade my gpu from 1660 to something a bit beefer. When I found some RTX 2080ti cards ranging from the founders editions to some very good refrence cards priced between $300 and $500. Are those good deals or too good to be true and should I avoid them?

$500 for a 2080ti is not a good deal even if it was brand new in box

Why Ebay?  You can find a 6700 XT / 6800 for the 400-500 range new, and it'll be faster than a 2080 TI in 3D Gaming.

For this kind of money you can easily find brand new RX 6800 XT or even close to new RX 6900 XT (i got my Nitro+ 6900XT for €500 with 18 more months of warranty). 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

6 minutes ago, Tonka137 said:

300$ for a 2080ti is decent. But a 6700xt a 400$ (there are sales going on that make it drop slightly below) is matching/beating said card.

For 500$ new yeah big skip a rx6800 exists and that flat out beats it

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Why Ebay?  You can find a 6700 XT / 6800 for the 400-500 range new, and it'll be faster than a 2080 TI in 3D Gaming.

Okay I didn't even think of that. Last I saw those were $600 when I looked at them a couple months back. I'll definitely check those out.

10 minutes ago, Tonka137 said:

A *new* 6750XT is $400,  comparable to a 2080ti, so your deals aren't that great...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Currently at the bellow $600 price tag, AMD are just destroying Nvidia. Team Green is too greedy to drop prices and are just getting the snot kicked out of them. There are some people who still get tricked into going for the 3060 for $350+ which is just robbery. 

P.S

Isn't this more of a GPU segment thread than a "General Discussion" ?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

1 minute ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Currently at the bellow $600 price tag, AMD are just destroying Nvidia. Team Green is too greedy to drop prices and are just getting the snot kicked out of them. There are some people who got tricked into going for the 3060 for $350+ which is just robbery. 

That is high-way robbery.

12 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Currently at the bellow $600 price tag, AMD are just destroying Nvidia. Team Green is too greedy to drop prices and are just getting the snot kicked out of them. There are some people who still get tricked into going for the 3060 for $350+ which is just robbery. 

P.S

Isn't this more of a GPU segment thread than a "General Discussion" ?

Still new to this, so I wasn't sure to put this in "General Discussion" or a thread dedicated to GPUs