Nvidia RTX 4080 or AMD RX 7900 XTX

Looking to build a new pc for gaming, some streaming and video recording, but can't choise if i'm gonna go for a Nvidia RTX 4080 or a AMD RX 7900 XTX, so i want to hear what people are thinking, pros and cons for both. 

Pc Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sxB2yK

Edit: added info and fixed pcpartpicker link

Edited by OmegaMitzu

The list is private. 
what do you do with the card? Gaming? Productivity? Do you use RayTracing?

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Your part list is private.

Depends on a lot of things:

Price - where I live the cheapest (Saphire Pulse) 7900 XTX is 1050eur and the cheapest (Gigabyte) RTX 4080 is 1230eur.

Do you want/need the NVIDIA features like DLSS / Background Noise reduction / VSR / better x264 encoder? - If you work with SW that can take advantage of CUDA then NVIDIA is a no-brainer. If you want to use Ray Tracing (if you care) then RTX 4080 will perform better but in non-RT games the performance varies depending on which game you play in which case just grab the cheapest card if you don't give a damn about RT.

7 minutes ago, UnknownWallsTwitch said:

The list is private. 
what do you do with the card? Gaming? Productivity? Do you use RayTracing?

Don’t know how to fix the privacy setting 😕

But it's mainly for gaming and maybe some streaming/ video recording. And I haven't been using RayTracing and i imagin i won't care that much about if for the forseeable future. 

I am playing som VR now and then and exept for that it goes mostly in FFXIV these days. 

13 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Your part list is private.

Depends on a lot of things:

Price - where I live the cheapest (Saphire Pulse) 7900 XTX is 1050eur and the cheapest (Gigabyte) RTX 4080 is 1230eur.

Do you want/need the NVIDIA features like DLSS / Background Noise reduction / VSR / better x264 encoder? - If you work with SW that can take advantage of CUDA then NVIDIA is a no-brainer. If you want to use Ray Tracing (if you care) then RTX 4080 will perform better but in non-RT games the performance varies depending on which game you play in which case just grab the cheapest card if you don't give a damn about RT.

I mostly plan to play games, some streaming amd video recording. Haven't cared that much about RT and not seeing that i will in the forseeable future. And there is limited with what parts I can get where i live, but I'm looking to get the Asus TUF version of any of them, and they are about the same price where i live atm. 

13 minutes ago, OmegaMitzu said:

Don’t know how to fix the privacy setting 😕

But it's mainly for gaming and maybe some streaming/ video recording. And I haven't been using RayTracing and i imagin i won't care that much about if for the forseeable future. 

I am playing som VR now and then and exept for that it goes mostly in FFXIV these days. 

7900xtx then

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)