DLSS and RTX 40 series lifetime

Azowel

Usually a gpu is obsolete 5 years after it is bought at maximum.

But for example if I buy an RTX 4070 Ti, which will be obsolete for pure performance in something like 5 years, I will still be able to play latest games at 60 fps with DLSS so its lifetime will be extended.

What do you think about that ?

Out here wondering why 5 years when pascal isn't obsolete, and I only replaced my old GTX 760 last year and was still getting 40-60 fps in all games at 1440p with it. Only "obsolete" cause drivers and I had one singular game that would not boot on it. 

I dont see any reason DLSS will "extend" life longer when it just means AAA games in 5 years will have more flexibility with cranking up settings. 

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Out here wondering why 5 years when pascal isn't obsolete, and I only replaced my old GTX 760 last year and was still getting 40-60 fps in all games at 1440p with it. Only "obsolete" cause drivers and I had one singular game that would not boot on it. 

I dont see any reason DLSS will "extend" life longer when it just means AAA games in 5 years will have more flexibility with cranking up settings. 

100% true for older games

When I said obsolete I was thinking about most recent games.

4070 Ti is great GPU and it have enough power but you will need accept that need use lower quality texture and draw distance in upcoming games due low VRAM and don't use this GPU for 4K.