M.2 Screw

LorelynF

Hi. Anyone know how to manually remove the stucked M.2 screw? I cannot remove the cover because the screw I think is stucked.

Check the attached image.

TIA!

337171579_612452406991746_500674688871032579_n.jpg

There are a couple of ways to do it if you search online. However, its such a small screw.

I wouldnt say its a lost cause yet, but I cant unfortunally give you the best answer

Best of luck

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

26 minutes ago, LorelynF said:

Hi. Anyone know how to manually remove the stucked M.2 screw?

Thats stripped bit. The best case scenario would be using a bit extractor but its honestly overkill for m.2 screws. Try the rubber band method first, get the thickest rubber band you can and largest philips or hex bits you can fit in the stripped hole, the rubber band would fill the gaps thats stripped from the screw.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, LorelynF said:

Hi. Anyone know how to manually remove the stucked M.2 screw? I cannot remove the cover because the screw I think is stucked.

do what @SorryClaire says.

39 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Thats stripped bit. The best case scenario would be using a bit extractor but its honestly overkill for m.2 screws. Try the rubber band method first, get the thickest rubber band you can and largest philips or hex bits you can fit in the stripped hole, the rubber band would fill the gaps thats stripped from the screw.

Just search on YT how to remove a stripped screw. There are plenty of ways to do it.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

45 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

get the thickest rubber band you can and largest philips or hex bits

I never got lucky with this method tbh

Tried it many times, never worked (for me)

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

All good guys, I used a long-nose to unscrew the bottom part and was able to remove the cover. Turns out the screw is really defective, I will have to return or ask the manufacturer a replacement for the screw. Thank you guys for your help!

2 hours ago, LorelynF said:

I will have to return or ask the manufacturer a replacement for the screw

You could buy em for pennies, its an M2x3mm (2mm radius, 3mm deep) philips head screws. But yeah, see if either your motherboard or ssd maker could get some for you for free, just dont waste your cash on an m.2 mounting kits when you already have the standoffs.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

57 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You could buy em for pennies, its an M2x3mm (2mm radius, 3mm deep) philips head screws. But yeah, see if either your motherboard or ssd maker could get some for you for free, just dont waste your cash on an m.2 mounting kits when you already have the standoffs.

Oh. I didn't know. Thank you so much!