Weird White dot appeared on my monitor

I just noticed a weird dot on my desktop. its like a white dot with black in centre.

If i put my cursor on top of it, it disappears or is most likely below my cursor.

opening apps like chrome or other games get rid of this dot. 

i use wallpaper engine and i have tried changing to other wallpapers, the dot persists.

i have tried disabling wallpaper engine and using window’s default wallpaper, its still there. 

is it a dead pixel? or a hot pixel? 

E57629CB-890C-4437-BD77-2739EDD4655C.jpeg

01E12FFB-0F5F-48F7-9CD6-5BE391109448.jpeg

48D41BFB-C82B-43AF-8B49-8A4F0C580B8B.jpeg

1B5F0010-D1B1-4C5B-A3E0-C12F6D549FCE.jpeg

9D5474A6-EBCB-4BAA-9CF5-551737E7955A.jpeg

Perhaps a very shrunk window, possibly a program / batch file running in the background. Check make sure u havnt got a malicious program running amuck.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

39 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Perhaps a very shrunk window, possibly a program / batch file running in the background. Check make sure u havnt got a malicious program running amuck.

oh likely just a dead pixel, if its always in the same spot and is restart persistent

easy to check, see if its there in the bios

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can see that it's not one pixel, it's about 10. Dead pixels don't go away when you open chrome. I'd also look for Malware or other shady software.

Check to see if there is any damage to your display. Mine has a white dot from the front polarizer being damaged, though I typically don't notice it during normal use. ...though yours are still pixel shaped, which may be in the LCD glass, which would be harder to see. I know the white pointer would hide the white spot. What happens when you run another program that puts a dark scene in that area?

11 hours ago, SolarNova said:

whats a good anti-malware software? i’d try to run it up and debloat my win11

5 hours ago, Rusty Proto said:

Check to see if there is any damage to your display. Mine has a white dot from the front polarizer being damaged, though I typically don't notice it during normal use. ...though yours are still pixel shaped, which may be in the LCD glass, which would be harder to see. I know the white pointer would hide the white spot. What happens when you run another program that puts a dark scene in that area?

the pixel or whatever it is disappears whenever im running another app over it. its always over my desktop and above wallpapers. 

6 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

You can see that it's not one pixel, it's about 10. Dead pixels don't go away when you open chrome. I'd also look for Malware or other shady software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 6:09 AM, Aridaman Gill said:

the pixel or whatever it is disappears whenever im running another app over it. its always over my desktop and above wallpapers. 

I need to find a good virus scanner again as well, as I've been having bad luck out of all the usual heavyweights, and recommendations. Most wind up collecting massive amounts of info, and putting it on the dark web, and a couple have given me some sus downloads.

• 10 months later...

I also use Wallpaper Engine and Rainmeter. I believe it is Rainmeter making the dot because I had it too and closing Rainmeter made it go away.

I later decided to right click on Rainmeter icon near my system clock and did some tinkering.. Disabling the weather portion of Mond made the dot go away 🙂