HELP! PC to hot 100C

Bruuuh
Go to solution Solved by ShadowDog,
1 minute ago, Bruuuh said:

So what goes where? 

I have 4 fans 2 in the case and two on the aio 

then I have the one from the aio its self

I am assumign that with "one from the AIO itself" You mean the AIO pump cable.

If this is the case, put this cable in the ONLY AIO pump header you have on your motherboard which is in, the bottom, and is selected in text that i just send you in the screenshots.

The 2 case fans have to go in ANY of the channel fan headers, which in your motherboard are indicated by SYS_fan, which you can also see in the screenshot/manual.

The 2 cpu fans, you should use onm both CPU_OPT and CPU_FAN.

Help! My new PC is running at 100c and max fan speeds after its first boot, haven't even done anything. Just hit the power button for the first time and it took me to boot and the temps started to rise quickly. once it hit 100c I shut it down. What do I do?!

I built the PC and it has 

i5 13600K 

cooled with a lian li 240m

3060ti

Help! My new PC is running at 100c and max fan speeds after its first boot, haven't even done anything. Just hit the power button for the first time and it took me to boot and the temps started to rise quickly. once it hit 100c I shut it down. What do I do?!

I built the PC and it has 

i5 13600K 

cooled with a lian li 240m

3060ti

Check that the cooler is making proper contact, make sure AIO pump is working.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Check that the cooler is making proper contact, make sure AIO pump is working.

how

would I need to reapply thermal paste?

I would like you to check the temperature through the bios, if you haven't.

Certain applications, tend to read incorrect temperatures, where the bios will at all times be accurate.

IF the bios says its 100 celcius, i would DEFINITELY keep it turned off, unless when you're doing testing.

Don't reapply thermal paste.

Water coolers have an aio pump, which is a seperate cable, coming from the cooler, that you have to put into the AIO PUMP Header, on your motherboard.

EDIT:

Water coolers have, at least 2 cables. 1 For the fans, and one for the AIO pump.

Make sure to put the fan cables into the CPU FAN Header, and the AIO Cable, into the AIO Header, which is usually located close to the CPU FAN header.

Just now, Bruuuh said:

Perhaps. Take off the cooler to make sure the paste is spreading well and making good contact. 

An easy way to see if the pump is working is to feel it and listen. If it makes weird noises, it may be defective. If you can't feel fluid flowing in the tubes: it may be defective.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Perhaps. Take off the cooler to make sure the paste is spreading well and making good contact. 

An easy way to see if the pump is working is to feel it and listen. If it makes weird noises, it may be defective. If you can't feel fluid flowing in the tubes: it may be defective.

Again.. this can be seen in the bios. 

The bios will tell you, wether the AIO pump is being detected, and working or not.

Do NOT reapply the thermal paste, its an absolute waste.

4 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

I would like you to check the temperature through the bios, if you haven't.

Certain applications, tend to read incorrect temperatures, where the bios will at all times be accurate.

IF the bios says its 100 celcius, i would DEFINITELY keep it turned off, unless when you're doing testing.

yes, that was bios, and it hit that after a min or two

2 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

Again.. this can be seen in the bios. 

The bios will tell you, wether the AIO pump is being detected, and working or not.

I don't know if it said anything, but I also don't want to turn it on again and risk anything 

3 minutes ago, Bruuuh said:

I don't know if it said anything, but I also don't want to turn it on again and risk anything 

Your cpu has a tJunction of 100 celcius.

It SHOULD turn off by itself, if its too hot.

Is your AIO pump cable, aswell as the fan cables connected?

If you don't check it, you won't find out 😜

You might have very well connected the AIO cable to a fan header for example.

And potentially the fan cable into the AIO header.

7 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

Don't reapply thermal paste.

Water coolers have an aio pump, which is a seperate cable, coming from the cooler, that you have to put into the AIO PUMP Header, on your motherboard.

EDIT:

Water coolers have, at least 2 cables. 1 For the fans, and one for the AIO pump.

Make sure to put the fan cables into the CPU FAN Header, and the AIO Cable, into the AIO Header, which is usually located close to the CPU FAN header.

This is my mother board, GIGABYTE B760 Gaming X AX DDR4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BSB6Z9B7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought I pluged things in right, but I may not have. Can you tell me where to plug them in

1 minute ago, ShadowDog said:

Your cpu has a tJunction of 100 celcius.

It SHOULD turn off by itself, if its too hot.

Is your AIO pump cable, aswell as the fan cables connected?

If you don't check it, you won't find out 😜

You might have very well connected the AIO cable to a fan header for example.

Ok, didn't know that. I believe everything is plugged in, just not sure if they are in the right spot 

I think I did

Just now, ShadowDog said:

Just looked at your motherboard manual.

Here it can be seen in some screenshots, and also the link to your motherboard manual 🙂

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b760-gx-series_e.pdf?v=fbd8f82aa67b6b268be541bfcc26f00f

1.jpg

2.jpg

So what goes where? 

So what goes where? 

If this is the case, put this cable in the ONLY AIO pump header you have on your motherboard which is in, the bottom, and is selected in text that i just send you in the screenshots.

The 2 case fans have to go in ANY of the channel fan headers, which in your motherboard are indicated by SYS_fan, which you can also see in the screenshot/manual.

The 2 cpu fans, you should use onm both CPU_OPT and CPU_FAN.

7 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

so, I have two cables coming off the the AIO and I'm not sure which to plug in to the Pump header. 

the AIO I have is the Lian Li Galahad 240mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - Black

https://www.microcenter.com/product/638120/Galahad_240mm_RGB_Water_Cooling_Kit_-_Black

so, I have two cables coming off the the AIO and I'm not sure which to plug in to the Pump header. 

the AIO I have is the Lian Li Galahad 240mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - Black

https://www.microcenter.com/product/638120/Galahad_240mm_RGB_Water_Cooling_Kit_-_Black

I am gonna be honest.. 

You do NOT have the easiest water cooler to setup, but here is a screenshot from your water cooler manual.

Please take your time, and look carefully, where cables go, and if you then have questions feel free to ask:

image.png.6d3d34f86812a43017d9728631c95bae.png

Just to clarify and answer your question more:

There are 2 cables coming from the pump, one of them being the pump cable, the other one being RGB.

There is also a RGB header on your motherboard (which again you can find in your motherboard manual(there are 2 right next to your cpu fan header).

They are easy to differentiate.

The rgb cable header, is MUCH thinner, and won't fit into a fan/pump header.

Correction: i might be wrong, the other one might not be direct RGB, its hard to tell without seeing a picture of it.

I think its for rgb and the fans, not totally sure. But I had all but the pump fan in the right place. Just changed it around and booted again and its stable 35C now. But thanks for the help. Much appreciated! 

I think its for rgb and the fans, not totally sure. But I had all but the pump fan in the right place. Just changed it around and booted again and its stable 35C now. But thanks for the help. Much appreciated! 

You're very welcome! Do you mind marking one of my replies as solved? 🙂

Have fun with your 13th gen cpu!