battery wear plummeting(detachable battery) 

GameBully2k

I have noticed that my battery started acting weird and the wear level started plummeting very fast with just normal use. I suspect its the update from microsoft because in addition to the precedent I noticed some funky behavior when connecting my battery ( detachable battery) like if its not fully connected the battery saver icon fails to appear in some occasions and the battery dies sometimes even from about 60 percent

3 minutes ago, GameBully2k said:

wear level started plummeting very fast with just normal use.

You mean just straight battery drain? How old is the battery?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

In just two weeks wear level went from 11% to now 60%. At this point I think its irriversable even if I uninstall the updates.

and about the battery my laptop is from 2019. But I bought it second hand and idk if it hase a replacement battery or still got the original but the wear level when I bought was still at 11%. and after months of use it was stable at 11% (monitoring using hwinfo)

Battery's simply failing. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

18 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

In just two weeks wear level went from 11% to now 60%. At this point I think its irriversable even if I uninstall the updates.

and about the battery my laptop is from 2019. But I bought it second hand and idk if it hase a replacement battery or still got the original but the wear level when I bought was still at 11%. and after months of use it was stable at 11% (monitoring using hwinfo)

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Battery's simply failing. 

But it shouldn't happen this fast. right?

It's 4 years old, nothing out of the ordinary.

Wear is typically progressive, but when a cell outright fails that's the kind of behavoir you get.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2