New Pc Build, Boots 90% of the time, 10% of the time does not boot

FallenLegend36

Hi, I built a new pc about 2 months ago, moved from a 7900XTX to an RTX 4090, because the XTX was giving me a lot of issues. And for about a month the 4090 has been nothing but great but in the recent week, My compute has had trouble booting a couple time, resetting the cmos battery on my motherboard usually fixes it but it is quite annoying to constantly do that, so I was hoping I could get some tips on here about how to go about fixing this. Any suggestions would be very appreciated 
My PC Specs:
Asus Rog strix x670E-E Motherboard
Ryzen 9 7950X
MSI SUPRIM LIQUID RTX 4090
NZXT Z73 AIO

8 minutes ago, FallenLegend36 said:

Hi, I built a new pc about 2 months ago, moved from a 7900XTX to an RTX 4090, because the XTX was giving me a lot of issues. And for about a month the 4090 has been nothing but great but in the recent week, My compute has had trouble booting a couple time, resetting the cmos battery on my motherboard usually fixes it but it is quite annoying to constantly do that, so I was hoping I could get some tips on here about how to go about fixing this. Any suggestions would be very appreciated 
My PC Specs:
Asus Rog strix x670E-E Motherboard
Ryzen 9 7950X
MSI SUPRIM LIQUID RTX 4090
NZXT Z73 AIO

I'd get the latest firmware if you haven't, there's been a bunch of issues with the 4090 and x670e if you look at the UEFI versions. I get the same issues with my 7950x3D build occasionally, something triggers the VGA POST LED to stay lit, but I haven't had to fight it to POST like you have been for a while. I'm rocking the x670e aorus master however.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Boot into Setup (Bios) if Overclocking set it back to normal clock speed, and or Set the Bios to Default. Usually by pressing  the F5 Key in the Bios.

You can also Clear the CMOS, then reset the Time and Date in the Bos https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040820

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'd get the latest firmware if you haven't, there's been a bunch of issues with the 4090 and x670e if you look at the UEFI versions. I get the same issues with my 7950x3D build occasionally, something triggers the VGA POST LED to stay lit, but I haven't had to fight it to POST like you have been for a while. I'm rocking the x670e aorus master however.

I have the latest release firmware for my motherboard, I dont have the latest beta though

2 minutes ago, spunk.funk said:

Boot into Setup (Bios) if Overclocking set it back to normal clock speed, and or Set the Bios to Default. Usually by pressing  the F5 Key in the Bios.

You can also Clear the CMOS, then reset the Time and Date in the Bos https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040820

The CMOS is a temporary fix

2 minutes ago, FallenLegend36 said:

The CMOS is a temporary fix

I've run into the same issue, I'd generally just do a dry boot (power supply switch off, power on). TBH it might just be one of those kinks with Ryzen 7000 series and RTX 4000, it was really bad the first two weeks after getting my 7950x3D upgrading from a 5800x3D, but that's gone away since (beside that VGA POST LED that occasionally comes in).

Could try forcing PCIE configuration to 4.0 instead of auto, I configured a bunch of settings between then and now so it might be one of those.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

On 3/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, ComradeBard said:

Is the BIOS up to date?

Refuses to update, I use the EZ flash and it just stays on the same version 

Probably there is a problem with the motherboard, but its not so bad to brick it completley. Id say its time to rma