Wirelesss (read: not wifi) USB solutions?

Bonktacular

A while back I set up my living room with a large display, bought a couple mounts for a HOTAS set and set up my chair. Unfortunately, the display is very large and a proper viewing angle is too far away from the PC for the USB cables from the peripherals. 

My first thought (after contemplating splicing longer USB cords into the devices, or extenders) was that someone, somewhere had to manufacture a wireless USB hub solution. Last I searched, I could find only two solutions that had long since been discontinued, and thousands of muddied results involving USB Wi-Fi adapters, which isn't very helpful.

Since then I've set up a raspberry pi with a battery bank and a license to VirtualHere, since the Steam Link had the implementation at one point.

It's troublesome over a crowded Wi-Fi network at times, and I was wondering if anyone had any other potential solutions to get wired-only usb peripherals to connect across a room without causing a trip hazard?

(I do like my flight stick, throttle, and racing wheels, but a wireless solution to those would be welcome if they work well enough.)

16 minutes ago, Bonktacular said:

It's troublesome over a crowded Wi-Fi network at times, and I was wondering if anyone had any other potential solutions to get wired-only usb peripherals to connect across a room without causing a trip hazard?

You havent considered just actual cable management and a bunch of passive USB female to male cables? If you need to extend a USB device without splicing, that is still an option.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

You havent considered just actual cable management and a bunch of passive USB female to male cables? If you need to extend a USB device without splicing, that is still an option.

Thank you for the suggestion, but 'actual cable management' is a bit of a large ask in the space.

I probably should have included that the space in front of the display is subject to foot traffic to the dining area and kitchen, I'm trying to minimize the risk of tripping (USB port destruction), and keeping two cables 'managed' when they're attached to the arms of a chair doesn't seem to be feasible. 😞

6 minutes ago, Bonktacular said:

I'm trying to minimize the risk of tripping

Im gonna guess youve tried floor cord covers? Theyre surprisingly effective if you shop for the lowest profile you can buy. I didnt and now i have mess of wires on my stairways.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.