Wan show late to Spotify

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
Just now, MrFixit12 said:

just wondering if there was a specific reason it comes later to spotify

They talked about it before a few weeks ago (might've been in the preshow), and it comes down to advertising. The VOD version has different advertisers than the Spotify version, and because they don't start adverts at exactly the same time and don't last for exactly the same amount of time each week there's no way for them to automate it, meaning someone has to manually go through and change them out. Since they aren't gonna ask someone to come in over the weekend to do it for a relatively small audience (the Spotify version IIRC doesn't get that many viewers compared to the YouTube version and isn't really all that profitable), it gets done Monday.聽

I've noticed the Wan show usually isn't posted on Spotify until the following Monday after the stream, which is fine, and I get that the stream doesn't end until around midnight now, and it's the weekend after that, but I like to listen to it as soon as possible, which usually means using youtube, which again would be fine if I wasn't listening to it from my phone with youtube's stupid "you can't playback video unless you either keep your phone on constantly or pay for premium." anyways, just wondering if there was a specific reason it comes later to spotify, and if not it would be awesome to get it sooner. although at the rate things are going, the wan show might not finish till sunday anyways. 馃檪

Just now, MrFixit12 said:

just wondering if there was a specific reason it comes later to spotify

They talked about it before a few weeks ago (might've been in the preshow), and it comes down to advertising. The VOD version has different advertisers than the Spotify version, and because they don't start adverts at exactly the same time and don't last for exactly the same amount of time each week there's no way for them to automate it, meaning someone has to manually go through and change them out. Since they aren't gonna ask someone to come in over the weekend to do it for a relatively small audience (the Spotify version IIRC doesn't get that many viewers compared to the YouTube version and isn't really all that profitable), it gets done Monday.聽

What @RONOTHAN##聽said. It is the same thing with the Apple Podcasts version and there are sometimes where it will come out on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, MrFixit12 said:

youtube's stupid "you can't playback video unless you either keep your phone on constantly or pay for premium."

If you're on Android there's Youtube Vanced/Revanced/Rerevanced/Rererevanced/etc that will allow you to play while the screen is off. You can also play it in a browser like Firefox or Brave with the screen off too.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:38 PM, dongers said:

If you're on Android there's Youtube Vanced/Revanced/Rerevanced/Rererevanced/etc that will allow you to play while the screen is off. You can also play it in a browser like Firefox or Brave with the screen off too.

do you know if the browser screen off thing works in IOS also?