One of my gpu fans revs up to a 100%

Hi I have a nvidia 1070 asus rog on a asus 270f gaming mobo, the cpu is 7700k, all clocks are stock. Since today (27.03) one of my gpu fans, the farthest one to the left have started to act up. It goes to a 100% in game for no reason. The game this first started occurring was persona 5, then I decided to see if this might be game specific and moved to league, madafaka went full speed IN CLIENT... (just to clarify I have played persona 5 and league before and everything was fine)

I really dont understand what happened especially since it was fine just yesterday, I updated the nvidia drivers but to no avail ofcourse, I also downloaded asus gpu tweak 3 and guess what, not only it didnt help but also the fan would just not stop, meaning that if there was less intense moment in game or if I would close it completely, THE FAN WOULD NOT STOP GOING 100% BUT ONLY THAT ONE. I had to uninstall this piece of garbage of my pc for it to start working somewhat again.

PLZ HALP I SUCK AND TROUBLESHOTING

What did you try setting the fan speed to in asus tweak, did it have any effect on the other fans? 

I wouldn't say its spinning 100% for no reason. Usually there is a reason, wether thats software or hardware related.

Are you running any software that can potentially adjust fan speeds, like for example msi afterburner?

If you do, please make sure that the fan is on auto, and if that doesn't work, try temporarily uninstalling such software.

One of the things, if its a hardware issue i would check, is checking the fan cable in the gpu. Make sure its seated correctly 100%

Push it in further if possible (See picture for cables)

If this doesn't fix it, it might very well be degredation of your gpu.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, jollypirate said:

What did you try setting the fan speed to in asus tweak, did it have any effect on the other fans? 

I tried adjusting the fan curve to be not as sensitive but it didnt change much or well anything actually

14 minutes ago, Rax14 said:

I tried adjusting the fan curve to be not as sensitive but it didnt change much or well anything actually

In this case, i am suspecting degredation of the fans.

This happens quite often sadly, and considering your gpu was released a long time ago, i am assuming you've had it for a long tiem aswell 😉

EDIT:

Just because the fans are spinning fast, and is potentially annoying, you don't have to worry, and can keep enjoying playing games 😄

Also i might be wrong, and if someone else has input on this, feel free 😄

What shadowdog said seems very likely. Id try setting them to a set speed in any oc utility and see if that has any effects first. 
If that dosent work it could be the fan itself, or the fan controller on the card. you can check by switching up the fan headers on the gpu and see how the fans behave.
If its the actual fan you can probably get replacements on ebay, if its the gpu you either have to put up with it or diy something with case fans.
Thats assuming its out of warranty ofcourse